HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It pays to not PO a customer were negative feedback can hurt sales!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It pays to not PO a customer were negative feedback can hurt sales!

Bought some defective plastic Slider Worm copies on EBay in that the plastic was too hard, some of the worms had air bubbles and some were not straight. His response to my email was, "no one else has complained." So be it! Now I'll wait the two weeks after purchase required by EBay to rate his product negatively, explaining why. Sales will suffer.

On a brighter note, I couldn't do anything about the air bubbles (not really important) but did remember a way to soften the plastic and straighten the worms.

Boil them until soft and straight. Boiling does something to the hardener in the plastic and, anyway, I've always boiled different soft plastic designs (flukes, worms, swimbaits, etc.) to get the unwanted curves out. Don't throw them out - boil them for about 5 minutes.
    Likes skiptomylu, Archerfish LIKED above post
    Thanks BarryG thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tip!
    If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Col 3:1

Post Thanks / Like

Hear tell you can microwave them as well ...dont know myself

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip, I did not know about that trick.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    Hear tell you can microwave them as well ...dont know myself
    Absolutely NOT!
    I microwave new Plastisol in a Pyrex cup right out of the jug or remelt leftover plastic to put into molds. Microwaving works fast on small amounts and obliterates shapes, plus if heated beyond a certain point it can catch fire creating toxic smoke!

I sometimes reuse old lures putting them in a melting chunk of plastic in the cup, but not often considering the fact that reheating plastic beyond two times changes it's color and shrinks glitter as well as turning it white.
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post