Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat modification and fish pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat modification and fish pictures

The weather is too nasty to do anything else; so I decided to update my website with my most recent Jon boat modifications and a few pictures of fish I caught over the past year. They can be viewed at:

http://members.cox.net/keith.w.davis

Even if we can't fish, we can look at pictures of past trips and talk about the one that got away!

My uncle always said that the biggest fish you will ever catch will be caught while indoors, sitting on a couch with friends around. I guess the internet is the modern day version of the couch.

Enjoy the pictures.
    Last edited by PanMan_VA; 01-22-2005 at 05:30 PM.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan_VA
    The weather is too nasty to do anything else; so I decided to update my website with my most recent Jon boat modifications and a few pictures of fish I caught over the past year. They can be viewed at:

Even if we can't fish, we can look at pictures of past trips and talk about the one that got away!

My uncle always said that the biggest fish you will ever catch will be caught while indoors, sitting on a couch with friends around.

Enjoy the pictures.
    Nice site Keith! I like how you rigged your boat, especially getting the tackle boxes out of the way.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

My soft sided boxes were always getting the way and it was difficult to lean over and lip a nice fish. Not to mention items that did not fit into the soft sided boxes. It was also a chore for some folks to step from the dock down into the boat. With the built-in boxes/benches, all of these problems are solved.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Nice set up man! CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default very nice modification, just amazing job, well done.

My uncle always said that the biggest fish you will ever catch will be caught while indoors, sitting on a couch with friends around. I guess the internet is the modern day version of the couch.

Enjoy the pictures.
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great job Keith

Enjoy the pictures.

I really like your setup especially the tackle box holders. I have the same problem you had. A front loading 9 box system that is constantly in the way. I will review the pictures again and may contact you on deminsions and such.

Again, a fantastic job.

How is the crappie fishing at Chick Res? I have fished for Bluegill with a flyrod in the Spring but have never crappie fished there..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been to the Reservoir in a few weeks. Things should pick up in a few weeks when it starts to warm up. The Reservoir only has a few areas over 10 feet in depth. The crappie tend to hang out in those deep holes in the winter.
    Keith