Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A heck of a day on the lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default A heck of a day on the lake

One day when I was around 15 me and my friend decided to take his Dads flat bottom john boat with its POWERFUL 5 horse power johnson on it out on Sam Rayburn to a place we called bird island where we decided to go arrohead hunting. Well we parked that boat on the other side of the island. Well us two teens never paid any attention to the upcoming clouds (especially since there were trees between us and the clouds) coming up. We finally heard the thunder and the wind got hectic. Well we decided to ride the storm out on the island but darnit the wind didnt quit. After the lightening passed, us to "SMART" teens decided to go against the waves and make it home. Well as you probably have already figured out, the waves swamped the boat and if it wouldnt have been for the floatation which is built in under the seats, that ole boat would have went all the way under. So here me and my buddy are swimming back to shore and tugging on the rope to the boat trying to get it back to shore. Thank God we were only around 30 to 50 yards from the shore but to 2 teens I think it looked 50 miles. Well after we finally got back to his house me and him were some tired boys. We were very lucky it didnt mess anything up on the boat.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

lol you should have waited that one out at that point

Post Thanks / Like

Yep but you how teens are. They know everything. Or atleast they think they do. The older I get, the smarter I find out my parents were lol
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

yeah doesnt that suck. all those years of outsmarting them and you realize they knew what you were doing the whole time lol

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

You boys were lucky ,people get in situations like that all the time and some drown.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Weather reports may not always be 100% accurate, but they can sure keep you out of pickles like the one you boys got in....have a good one! MM
    "EVERY PRO WAS A ROOKIE ONCE!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Well that was many of years ago and I have kids that age now. It funny looking at the stuff you did many of years ago and thinking HOW STUPID IT WAS. Now im in the situation that my parents were in so many years ago. My kids think I know nothing but they always find out Dad knew what he was talking about lol. They are great kids and anyone that doesnt spend time with their kids is missing out on a lifetime of fun.