HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 8/14/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 8/14/17

Got to the boat launch about 6:30 this morning. Launched and started hitting brush piles that I had loaded into the humminbird from the GPS coordinates provided on the Corps of Engineers website. Fished main lake brush piles around w all day in anywhere from 10 to 20 feet of water. Managed two keeper crappie about a 3lb channel cat and about a 3lb drum. Found a couple of brush piles loaded with fish I just couldn't stay on top of them and all this wind. Didn't have an anchor with me so I was at the mercy of the Minn Kota spot lock on the terrova. Great day on the lake I left about 1 and threw everything back. First time I had ever gone out and tried to find brush piles with the depth finder and GPS coordinates. Had trouble finding some and some were very very easy to find. Can't wait to get out there and try my luck at brush piles again next time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wind makes it rough, had the same problem Sunday, take one 8" off and your 20' off the pile. Gary at Burtons bait and tackle can load all the brush piles on your bird for you, just take the head unit in. He's pretty good at getting all your settings right too, have to take mine once in awhile to fix whatever I screwed up monkeying with it on the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes parratt1 LIKED above post
    Thanks parratt1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Huh. Interesting on Gary. I used to stop by there a lot when I kept a pontoon at the marina. I'd feel guilty asking him to do that since he's always closed when I go by there early in the mornings. Might have to stop by a few times on the way ho.e and give him some business.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was there today as well under the bridge bank fishing and man was it tough. Crappie were picky and didn't want a consistent color.