HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Opinions Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions Please

Here is my problem. This time last year I purchased a new Tracker 1648SC with 25 hp mercury 4 stroke, then added all the things I wanted to make it right for me. Windshield, side bunks, spare tire, seats, trolling motor and battery, no drill rear transducer mount, bow mount bracket for transducer, two Garmin fish finders. I'm 63 and had to retire 2 years ago for medical reasons but was feeling better last year and bought the new boat..... but after only having it out one time and not nearly long enough to break the motor in. I started feeling bad again and boat has been sitting ever scene (covered in pole barn). I kept thinking things would get better but it's time to try to sell the boat. My question to you guys is what price do you all think would be a fair price to ask for it, I know that's a really general question but I just don't know what would be fair and reasonable. I understand I'm about to take a serious beating, about 13,000 in the boat but it's not doing me any good sitting and someone could be getting some use out of it. I live in southeast Indiana and used boats don't seem to bring much. Thanks for any input.
    Name:  20170814_142308.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  62.3 KBName:  20170814_142135.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  65.1 KBName:  20170814_142216.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  73.8 KB

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Around 9700.00 boat,motor,trailer and fish finder. Then add cost of trolling motor and transducer stick. And any other acc you might have. Figure 75% of new value for those things. Basically new boat so I would guess 11500.00 to 11750.00 would be fair price for both parties. Hope this helps.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes slackline LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I'm kind of in new water here. Not wanting to sell but guess sometimes ya just got to face facts. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with cray. Also Browse Craigslist adds and see if you find one similar.
    If you use Craigslist to list yours -
    1 - watch out for the scammers.
    2- make sure you post near areas that have power plant lakes. Ie: Newton, sangchris, coffeen all have 25 HP limits. That's a perfect boat for those areas.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.
    Thanks ole grizzly thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say ask for what you got in it. It is in immaculate shape and not run to death and beat up. You can always take lower price if you feel you need too! Someone will appreciate it and not have to add equipment to it after buying it. Good luck on your sale!

Post Thanks / Like

Might be worth going to a local boat dealer you might trust!

The boat is, for the most part, brand new. They might be able to help you sell it and take a commision on it. This way, they make some money, and you get more than what you might get for it selling outright. Worth a shot. Everything to gain and nothing to lose!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post