HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to tie a slip bobber? VIDEO

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to tie a slip bobber? VIDEO

https://youtu.be/TBZ4O-c6O7o

Well I'm back with another in my HOW-TO series of crappie fishing. In this video I walk through how I tie a simple slip bobber set up for crappie, and then head out on to the water to see it in action. I hope you're enjoying these videos because I sure like making them. I would like to hear how you tie and use a slip bobber setup so that I can try it out for myself (and maybe make a video of it).

Hope You enjoy!

-Flopping Crappie

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can suggest a few things :

1) push your tube up over the shank barb ... the barb is there to keep your tube from pulling down on the hook (a minor problem with hollow tubes) Or, better yet, use a solid body tube, as it will stay on better/longer .

2) trim the yarn/string "stopper" down some, so that you don't get it all fouled up in your reel or line.

3) wet your Improved Clinch Knot prior to cinching it down to the jig eyelet. That will make the knot cinch down easier, plus lubricate the line so that friction heat of cinching the knot closed won't damage/weaken your line.

These are just "suggestions", as your video proves that your way works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I can suggest a few things :

1) push your tube up over the shank barb ... the barb is there to keep your tube from pulling down on the hook (a minor problem with hollow tubes) Or, better yet, use a solid body tube, as it will stay on better/longer .

2) trim the yarn/string "stopper" down some, so that you don't get it all fouled up in your reel or line.

3) wet your Improved Clinch Knot prior to cinching it down to the jig eyelet. That will make the knot cinch down easier, plus lubricate the line so that friction heat of cinching the knot closed won't damage/weaken your line.

These are just "suggestions", as your video proves that your way works.
    Thanks for the info CrappiePappy. I did end up trimming the yarn on the stop once I was on the water. I am going to have to pick up some solid tubes to see if those stay on the hook better. Thanks for watching!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floppingcrappie View Post
    https://youtu.be/TBZ4O-c6O7o

Well I'm back with another in my HOW-TO series of crappie fishing. In this video I walk through how I tie a simple slip bobber set up for crappie, and then head out on to the water to see it in action. I hope you're enjoying these videos because I sure like making them. I would like to hear how you tie and use a slip bobber setup so that I can try it out for myself (and maybe make a video of it).

Hope You enjoy!

-Flopping Crappie
    Instead of those store bought stops, I just take length of 10 or 12 mono and tie about eight overhand knots on top of each other and clip the two tag ends close to the knot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    Instead of those store bought stops, I just take length of 10 or 12 mono and tie about eight overhand knots on top of each other and clip the two tag ends close to the knot.
    Does that every slip when reeling it through the first eyelit on the rod? It seems mono on mono line would either slip when reeling in or not be able to adjust once I tie a knot, but I could be wrong. I will definitely have to try this out because I would rather not spend the money on slips. Thanks for Watching.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info CrappiePappy. I did end up trimming the yarn on the stop once I was on the water. I am going to have to pick up some solid tubes to see if those stay on the hook better. Thanks for watching!
    If you push the tube all the way up on the jighead, it will stay on better. Once you do that, add a drop of crazy glue to where it touches the plastic. Done deal.
    Thanks floppingcrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does that every slip when reeling it through the first eyelit on the rod? It seems mono on mono line would either slip when reeling in or not be able to adjust once I tie a knot, but I could be wrong. I will definitely have to try this out because I would rather not spend the money on slips. Thanks for Watching.
    It grips like you wouldn't believe mono or braid try one it's simple, just pull your knots tight.
    Thanks floppingcrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    It grips like you wouldn't believe mono or braid try one it's simple, just pull your knots tight.
    If you use 8lb on 4lb test, a simple slip knot would work. If your line is the same test in lbs, then I would do the overhands.
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    If you push the tube all the way up on the jighead, it will stay on better. Once you do that, add a drop of crazy glue to where it touches the plastic. Done deal.
    And the new Gel super glue they got out these day makes that even easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggah View Post
    If you use 8lb on 4lb test, a simple slip knot would work. If your line is the same test in lbs, then I would do the overhands.
    I don't understand about the slip knot ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast