Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go light

I traveled a ways from the house and tried a spot I haven't been to in while . Being a public dock one nevers knows what to expect . Case in point , I roll up with a short window to rip some lips and the dock is loaded up with folks . Now mind you one of two things is likely , they are either on fish or killing time ......first option is what I found on my first drop .....
    The fish were holding under this dock and all around it as well about 6 to 8 foot down in 12 to 14 foot of water . The folks that were there had about 5 or 6 in the ice chest when I got there and gave them my first fish . I wore the little buggers about flat out in 45 minutes with a super duper slow falling bait . The presentation of choice was a 1/32 white head black eyed jig with a light collar and a number 6 I think hook . I ran a stumpbug once again in the citrus color with a chart crappie nibble on the hook point . Pitch it out about 8 foot and wait for it ....6 lb test and a rather slow slow fall involved .....The line never ever got to get straight ...EVERY fish took it on the fall and just layed the line limp . Now mind you them boys was ketchn fish as well and the 5 of them were putting fish on the dock as well . They were using some kind of slatwater bait rigs with multiple little fly looking jigs rigged in succession and a bell sinker on the bottom .
    I put my keepers in their ice chest and whacked a big number of fish in a very short time .
    Sure was kewl to roll up and pitch and start ripping right and left until I left .
    got there at 11:45 am left at 12:30 pm ...45 minutes was my window to ketch ...
    that's my story and I am sticking ....it to em ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish and report.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

WTG good catch

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the ketch! That head is much like what I call a Popeye jig, but the ones I use are hand tied, but work great! Was really surprised by the jig when I first tied one. Went down to my bank and dropped one in and to my surprise they were on there that spring. I had 10 in a hour and next day went back and got 6 more. Had enough for a fish fry that weekend! I also was using a 1/32!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Ketchn outlaw! On a public dock midday w bunch people on it already fishing and u did that well? Kudos to u.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Ttexastom is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, thanks for the post.!!
    John 3:16

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and thanks

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch
    2002 Triton TR186 , Mercury 175
    Spyderlok Rod Holders, Cornfield Crappie Gear,Denali Rods, Ardent Reels
    Humminbird Helix Megas DI,SI,SONAR GPS, Humminbird 360
    Minnkota Ultrex

Post Thanks / Like

BTW Ketchn I am pretty sure you probably know there is a real GO Light too right, lol? I have the first one they ever came put with because I had a friend that was trying to start up a company to put on bass tournaments with prizes and all much like some that are still here today like the Big Bass one on Rayburn and TB as well as other lakes every year. Anyway he did a few before he had troubles and he had some of the prizes left and I was able to buy one of the GO Lights for a bargain then and still was, lol! Anyway I have a light socket that I stick the GO Light into and then I have a remote control so I can see when I am running the boat without having to hold the light. Cool stuff for sure!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast