PDA

View Full Version : Learning where to pull/push crankbaits for crappie

CHECrappie
08-09-2017, 03:25 PM
I normally double dip with two poles in my hand. Love to feel the thump. Believe it or not, there are times it just doesn't work, especially in the summer, and I want to have another technique in my arsenal.
I've read numerous articles and watched many youtube videos on how to rig, types of crankbaits, trolling speed, etc. However I can't find anything on where to fish this type of technique. Watching the videos it appears that most maybe fishing these along deep creek/river channels in clearer water. Where I normally fish, it's deepest will be 10-20' and mostly stained water. Will crankbaits work in these areas? What do I look for when starting this technique as far as lake features. Obviously I look for shad balls but is there something else? I normally fish the south end of Lake Eufaula Oklahoma. Eufaula does have deep clearer water near the dam but I've never fished that area. Thanks!

bfish
08-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Find the thermocline, then fish flats that are slightly deeper. Also try any edge/structure/depth change near the thermocline.

1187mg
08-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Find the thermocline, then fish flats that are slightly deeper. Also try any edge/structure/depth change near the thermocline.
This is exactly right.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

skunked again
08-10-2017, 05:46 PM
:popcorn