HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pile Diver by Bobby Garland - coming out in OCT 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pile Diver by Bobby Garland - coming out in OCT 2017

I stopped at the Bobby Garland booth and made a great find. They are introducing a new plastic bait called the “Pile Diver”. Look at this thing, it bleeds action! It's unreal. Designed to be dropped into brush piles. With all that wiggling and shaking it'll score some crappie for sure. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I betcha it'll work super long lining too. I'm definitely gonna try'em on my Slab Rig once they come out. I believe they'll be available in October of this year, can't wait!

Name:  IMG_3282.jpg
Views: 1928
Size:  75.6 KB

From the Bobby Garland Press Release I received at ICAST 2017:

Garland 2.5” Pile Diver crappie bait

The Bobby Garland 2.5” Pile Diver is designed for tantalizing action for fishing in and around a crappie’s favorite hideout – the brush pile.

The Pile Diver’s short, stubby arms provide a subtle quivering action whether the bait is on the move or at rest. They stay tight alongside the body, adding to the profile but not overpowering it.

The lure has a round, ribbed body that vibrates upon contact with limbs and other structure to give the entire body “life.” Trailing behind is the Pile Diver’s two streamer-like legs with just enough kicking action to tickle any crappie’s fancy.

The Pile Diver is available in several of Garland’s proven best colors, as well as some new-for-2018 ones.

Included among the colors are: Available colors: Black/Hot Pink, Blue Ice, Bluegrass, Cajun Cricket, Chartreuse Red Glitter, Electric Chicken, Glacier, Lights Out!, Live Minnow, Monkey Milk, Pearl White, Threadfin Shad and Mo’ Glo glow-in- the-dark colors Blue Ghost, Outlaw Special and Sunset.

For more information on the Pile Diver and all Garland products, visit www.BobbyGarlandCrappie.com.
    Last edited by Slab; 08-09-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready to give it a shot. I like the stroll'r, it works great I imagine the pile driver will have double the action.
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks great, I'll have to try them when they come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm ready to give it a shot. I like the stroll'r, it works great I imagine the pile driver will have double the action.
    x2!
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

This will be one great do all bait, can't wait to get hold of them. At first look you think trolling but the action this dude gives off is going to be killa on verticals jigging especially muddy water. So much action and vibration, if you haven't watched the video demo by Kevin Rogers or Brad Chappel you should check it out. AWESOME STUFF!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks real close to the Cajun Critter that BPS sells. That is a great bait, this should be even better. Gonna load up on a bunch myself ASAP. Hope they hit market sooner than stated.
    Thanks Broncosfantulsa thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Jennings View Post
    This will be one great do all bait, can't wait to get hold of them. At first look you think trolling but the action this dude gives off is going to be killa on verticals jigging especially muddy water. So much action and vibration, if you haven't watched the video demo by Kevin Rogers or Brad Chappel you should check it out. AWESOME STUFF!
    What I find interesting is, you may be able to make the bait snag proof by either putting it on the hook sideways (to let the fingers block the brush), or even better, maybe stick one of the short legs into the hook (super brush proof).

Additionally these are easily modified. Pinch off a leg or two, depending on what you're wanting to do, and away you go, CATCHING SLABS. I think I'm really gonna dig this bait.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes Crestliner08, DaveB40, "G" LIKED above post
    Thanks Broncosfantulsa thanked you for this post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks great! And, monkey milk too. My favorite flavor. Thanks for sharing!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great creature bait! Plenty of nooks & crannies for scent to hold onto.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

What I find interesting is, you may be able to make the bait snag proof by either putting it on the hook sideways (to let the fingers block the brush), or even better, maybe stick one of the short legs into the hook (super brush proof).

Additionally these are easily modified. Pinch off a leg or two, depending on what you're wanting to do, and away you go, CATCHING SLABS. I think I'm really gonna dig this bait.
    Great observation Ed, and the extra appendages can be removed also if unwanted in a particular situation. Like I said you got options with this new Pile Driver, and the ring like body will also create disturbance much like other ringed baits. Lot of ideas here calculated into one bait to meet many needs!
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC
    Likes Broncosfantulsa LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast