HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever need a break from crappie fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever need a break from crappie fishing?

So I decided to mix it up since I had been chasing crappie everyday for the past week and go for some bass. I realize this is a crappie fishing forum (and I did catch a crappie at the end of the video), but have to ask the question if any die hard crappie fishermen out there feel the need to change it up sometimes? There are just so many species to chase in the Midwest it's hard to stick to one.

Don't worry I have plenty more videos planned to be released this week (gotta get to editing...haha).I hope you enjoy the video of my two day bass fishing break.

-Flopping Crappie

Last edited by floppingcrappie; 08-07-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: grammer error
    Likes Mahoney67 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed your video along with the other ones I've been watching the last few nights on youtube. You do a great job with them and keep them coming!
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! I change it up quite a bit. Also chase inshore and nearshore saltwater. Them drag screamers are a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to bother the trout from Time to time.
    Thanks floppingcrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I always catch more species than just crappie with lures I use. I'd be surprised if more anglers don't.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, no break "needed" for me. Why would I, since I catch many different species when Crappie fishing ... whether casting jigs, pushing jigs, or pushing cranks. And that's especially true when casting a marabou Roadrunner. I have several pics of various other species caught when casting a marabou Roadrunner in the Testing Area Forum, under the title "Pinky". http://www.crappie.com/crappie/testi.../353191-pinky/

Now, I will take the occasion to Bass fish at night, once or twice a year, but it's more for a fishing buddy of mine than for my personal need to mix it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I do catch other species while crappie fishing. Trout, white perch and bass mainly. But I still enjoy just going out after bass or lake trout as well. Not frequently though. Maybe one or twice a month at most.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Summertime is my break. I do not fish much in summer except take the granddaughters. Fall winter and spring is when I like to be out there..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    I do catch other species while crappie fishing. Trout, white perch and bass mainly. But I still enjoy just going out after bass or lake trout as well. Not frequently though. Maybe one or twice a month at most.
    What bodies of water do you fish that have both trout and crappie? Around me I can only think of one and it's a small man-made lake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Yep! I change it up quite a bit. Also chase inshore and nearshore saltwater. Them drag screamers are a blast.
    There are times I wished I lived near a coast. Someday I would like to chase tarpon with a fly rod
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast