Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taylorsville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylorsville

Never been to Taylorsville lake. Thinking about going there and pulling cranks. Heard there's a lot of stick ups, wondering if it is a good method to use there? Don't want to lose a lot of baits.
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

I have pulled there and had some success. I manly pull on deep flats and across some main lake points. Theirs a lot of boat traffic this time of year on the weekends. If you go on the weekends start early and be done by 11:00

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes Mike1234, 1fishmike LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike ... most of the standing timber is in the creeks from the marina area to about mid-lake, then there's stands of trees along the banks from mid-lake on up river. Google Maps will show you what I mean. If you stay in the channel or along the edge of it, you should be able to stay clear of most of the submerged stuff.

According to this :

.... you shouldn't have to run your cranks much deeper than 15ft. But, understand that this info is taken at the dam, so the thermocline may be deeper or shallower in other parts of the lake.
    Likes Mike1234, 1fishmike LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas! Sounds like maybe should learn the lake first by spider rigging. Probably try next week. Will let you know the results.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1fishmike View Post
    Thanks fellas! Sounds like maybe should learn the lake first by spider rigging. Probably try next week. Will let you know the results.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Hollar at me before you plan on going, Mike ... (PM me)