HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How cool is this?

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How cool is this?

I was away from my kids a lot of the time they were growing up. Shift work, over time, working holidays, bass tournaments, more over time--you get the picture. I didn't do a lot of the things typical Dads did with their kids while they grew up. My wife took care of most of the raising.

I have always been a huge fan of the late 60s-late 70s rock music. it is still mainly what I listen to. Any time our family did any time in the car together, I was the radio-nazi. We listened to what DAD wanted to hear. My wife said I was warping my kids' minds with Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen,Who, Yes, take your pick. Funny thing is, my kids became huge fans of that genre of music. Still are. My son has always said he held one thing against me that could never be changed---I saw Queen in Atlanta in their prime (1978). He would never get to since Freddy Mercury, singer, died of AIDS years ago. I never agreed with some life-style choices of some members of the band but I did love their music, still do.

Fast forward to tonight. 2 original members of Queen are on tour--Brian May, guitarist and Roger Taylor, drummer. They are playing in Nashville tonight with some well known (not to me) artists joining the band. I got this text a few minutes ago.

From Nathan (age 36);
    "Show is starting soon. If I have never properly said so, thank you for introducing me to this music. Between this and Roger Waters (Pink Floyd bassist) on 8/13,it will be a fun month."

My reply;
    "And Mom thought you and Heather (our daughter)were being tortured in the back seat having to listen to it."

Nathan's reply;
    "I'm not usually this excited for a show but this is gonna be pretty cool for sure."

Nathan has seen Pearl Jam dozens of times. His concert attendance is several hundreds of shows. He never misses a chance to see an iconic act from the late 60s-early 70s like Bob Seger, Steve Miller, or the Who.

My wife was sitting near me when this exchange took place. She rolled her eyes at the mention of the music she and the kids had to listen to. She also resents the fact that our daughter is making our grandkids into fans of the same music. Funny thing is the grandkids make Mimi (my wife) play that same music when they are in the car with her.

Made me feel pretty good.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-03-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Thanks Snagged again thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That music and the 80's is the best no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how some things go full circle. Kids listen even when we swear they are stone deaf. I've been accused of influencing the grandson in some ways that I'm constantly criticized for, but then I think I'm a pretty good person. LOL Cool story.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good deal.... I'd like to see that Queen duo myself. My wife & I are huge fans of the genre of music also & have attended at least a couple of shows a year since we were teenagers.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Neighbor kid heard CCR going in my truck other day....wanted to know who it was....he thought it was great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You never know when you will make an impression that lasts a life time. That's awesome mrdux

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well done MrDux..I am with you all the way. Nothing like classic rock-n-roll!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great story. Classic rock, rocks! Thanks for sharing. Add a picture to that story and I'll make it a home page article.

Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes Mike1234 LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Great story. Classic rock, rocks! Thanks for sharing. Add a picture to that story and I'll make it a home page article.

My son just sent some pics from the show. I'll try to get them posted as soon as I figure out how to. Rickie is coming by so I'll get him to show me. Thanks.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Slab, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I am a 60/70's person, great story.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast