Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 8/2/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 8/2/17

The weather folks are predicting severe thunderstorms, flooding conditions and downpours for today. When we left to go fishing this morning the sky was blue, the air mild and a light breeze. When I got home today at about 2 pm, nothing had changed. Weather people! LOL!

Anyway, we launched about 7:45 am. Air temp was 65 and the water was 74. No breeze or wind to speak of. But we're going fishing regardless! We started out casting the main body, catching numerous bluegill and a white perch. Our casting arms aren't what they use to be, so Walt fired up the electric and we motored around for about an hour, picking up one here and one there. We did however, start marking some decent fish and bait in about 15' of water (over 20'+). Here's what we looked at throughout the main basin at various times:

Name:  23 Feet.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  59.8 KB

Since we were not really killing them, we moved deep into some of the back coves. Water depths were around 7 - 9 feet, with weeds pretty much to the surface. Worked these shallows for about an hour. This is what the area looked like that we were casting into:

Name:  Shallow Coves.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  120.1 KB

With a mild breeze starting up we moved back out to the main basin area again and drifted. We ended up the day with 25 fish. Eight were crappie. The rest were mainly bluegill, with one white perch and this largemouth that put up quite a tussle on my 9' SHSS:

Name:  Largemouth.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  116.0 KB

Wasn't a giant but it sure felt like one on the light gear! Not much else was picture worthy. The breeze died again around 11-ish. We had our lunch and called it at noon today. Just too hot out there without some relieve from a breeze.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    The weather folks are predicting severe thunderstorms, flooding conditions and downpours for today. When we left to go fishing this morning .
    not a bad day at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day to me as well. We got hammered with storms and heavy rain late yesterday afternoon; I sort of had the thought I might go out myself until that happened.
    Keep posting up about your trips, please. I need the prodding to get out there!
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post