Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crankin today on Lemmon

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankin today on Lemmon

Hadn't been fishing past 3 weeks and had the itch, so launched at 6:45 am. After all the rain we had past 2 weeks I was fishing muddy water again. Temp 81, light NE breeze, strong high pressure system with a sunny blue bird sky and the fish were suspended and scattered. Fished from 4' to 20' deep until 11 and pulled out as pleasure boaters were starting to thicken up. Speed was mixed 1.6 to 2.2 mph, changed and tried a dozen diff colors of cranks at all depths. Managed to catch around 20 and all fish released. Fish were scattered and and pretty much lock jawed. I also wanted to try out a new rod transport rack I had purchased and mounted on the boat to see how it worked. Ordered it off A member that custom makes them and his name is Creekslick. Worked like a charm and I love it so got to test it out. Still a good cool morning to get out and satisfy the itch!

Here is a link of his transport rod racks. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/-memb...ransport-rack/

His website link. Catchin' Crappie Fishing Guide Service | Greers Ferry, AR | Wayne Stewart

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes Roy49, Monark King190 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

He made me one and its rock solid!!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I saved the website. May have to order me one, since I now have the new 14' rods and rod holders.
    Doug - got hooked on LUND!

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I installed 3-8 pole rod holders as I put one in the middle to handle 6', 7', and 8' rods besides my 10' and 12' rods down the side of my 1648 G3 Jon boat and they absolutely don't get in the way fishing from the front of the boat or the very back off the back of the boat for walleye trolling. And rock solid with your rods tied in with bungees. You can always take them down or off if it did by just loosening the 2 bolts that go into the base. But what I really liked is the way the rods travel going down the road and hitting the rough water running across the lake. And the ease of grabbing the rod I want to use with no tangles from other rods in the stack. Very nice! I had the drift masters and when I had 8 rods in them they were a pita but worked ok. Total difference and way better in my opinion.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"