Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help - Driftmaster Pro Star Base installation?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help - Driftmaster Pro Star Base installation?

I've got a G3 Sportman 17, aluminum decked boat. I needed some trolling/bait rod holders and bought four of the bases from extreme fishing concepts. I was able to install two within a few inches of the cup holders near and across from the boat console. For those I used 1/4" x 1" bolts with washers and lock nuts. Looking around the boat, it seems that those two spots are the only ones where I can actually access the bottom of the deck to use washers and nuts.

I'd like to add more bases and holders, how have you guys been mounting yours that have aluminum decks? Would sheet metal screws hold without ripping out if you got snagged or got a big cat or striper?

Before I drill more holes, I want to make sure that it will work.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use stainless steel sheet metal screws on my rod holders, about everything including seat brackets and dab red lock tight on them in my 1648 G3 and nothing has ever come loose. Even installed a floor in it with stainless steel screws into the ribs and they hold great. Blue or red lock tite and they hold tight. Trolling motor and da ducer is also mounted that way also. Get as large a screw as possible to use.

Drill your screw holes smaller than the screws for a tight fit.
    Last edited by cevans; 07-29-2017 at 03:45 PM.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Use rivnuts as an anchor and then SS bolts thru the base into the rivnuts. Look at rivnuts on YouTube.