Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pricing a used engine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pricing a used engine

I would like to switch from a 50 to a 25hp. What do you use to set your price? Nada, Craigslist averaging?
    What I have is a '04 Yamaha 50hp, F50TLRC.

Thanks
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

You just have to figure what the least you will take for it then bump it up to what you want for it. Then the deciding thing is finding someone willing to give you that price. Then there will be a price where a person can offer you what they would be willing to give.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

NADA and Kelley blue book are great resources for an objective approach. I prefer NADA. Used it to price an outboard a couple years ago. Listed it on craigslist. Sold in less than 2 weeks at asking price.

Curious as to why you want to go down in horsepower? I promote the conventional wisdom that a boat should be powered to its max hp rating otherwise it will be underpowered...just my opinion.

Good luck!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!
    Likes NIMROD, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I want to go down in horsepower to more easily fish horsepower restricted lakes. There are three with 25hp limits within 2 hrs of me.
    Otherwise, yes I 100% agree to max out the hp on a boat. Which would be 70 on mine.
    When I bought this boat, I seriously debated not getting it because of the 50 on it. The lake closest to me has a 50 limit. When I bought it, I figured I'd try it, if I didn't like it - sell it.
    I'm really starting to like the restricted lakes. Not near the waves, from wind or "water lice". And plenty of fish!!
    You can put any size engine on those restricted lakes. Can only use oversized engine to load and unload with.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.