HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: veritcal Jigging for Crappie Video

Post Thanks / Like

Default veritcal Jigging for Crappie Video

These were my first and second attempt at making a "How to Vertical Jig for Crappie" tutorial.
    Hope you enjoy the videos! Would like to hear any ideas or things to add.

-Flopping Crappie

Thanks Jwater thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie. Thanks for sharing the "how to" vertical jigging crappie video.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Quailtail, floppingcrappie LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I verticle jig much different . We use a heavier jig on a 11' rod . Many times they are right off the bottom .Depth of fish can depend on weather , season and water body . If they don't bite there we raise the rod and follow jig down . We don't add weights above the jig but use the 1/8 oz or bigger jig to hold line tight to feel lightest bites. Most of the time we use 2 poles and go spot to spot . If we catch small ones we move on . We target bigger fish . We quit using marker buoys but use electronics except in high winds . The buoys attract too much attention .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes Quailtail, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    I verticle jig much different . We use a heavier jig on a 11' rod . Many times they are right off the bottom .Depth of fish can depend on weather , season and water body . If they don't bite there we raise the rod and follow jig down . We don't add weights above the jig but use the 1/8 oz or bigger jig to hold line tight to feel lightest bites. Most of the time we use 2 poles and go spot to spot . If we catch small ones we move on . We target bigger fish . We quit using marker buoys but use electronics except in high winds . The buoys attract too much attention .
    Thanks for the advice. I just found it easier to stay on a spot with the buoy out than using my gps marker. I could see if you have a lot of fishermen on the lake a buoy may draw to much attention to a specific spot. I will try and use a heavier jig head next time, so I don't have to put a split shot above the jig. Thanks for watching!

-Flopping Crappie
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We have GPS and side imaging on trolling motor . That makes staying on the spot easy once you get the hang of it .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes snake River, floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great videos man. I'm going to try that this weekend. I find my self usually. Not having the patience for this tho. I typically like to cast and slow retrieve Minnows and spinners. But havnt had much luck with that lately I enjoyed the videos and just subscribed on YouTube for you. Keep it up :thumbs up

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post