Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished Lake Lincoln State Park, MS

Kayak-fisher Guest

Default Fished Lake Lincoln State Park, MS

I spent the day fishing for crappie with Buddha after we met by coincidence yesterday. Buddha was there on his maiden voyage with his new Tarpon 14. He managed 1 keeper and several that we wondered how they swallowed the jig before having to leave after lunch. I, on the other hand, caught 1 spike, 1 chicken, 1 bream (which I promptly dropped overboard on the way to the cooler), and a good treetop that kept all 8 of the jigs I had on my spider rig. Well, the company was good and so was lunch. After lunch, I went back and fished some more. Things went much better after a good meal. One of the old men who watched me try to bring up that tree top took pity on me and showed me how he had his lines rigged. I took his advice and rerigged, dropped my lines, and after only three or four paddle strokes and I had my first keeper, crappie, that is--I kept the spike too. By day's end I had 8 keeper crappie in the box and one catfish and a suicidal deer. I didn't keep the chicken.

Kayak-fisher Guest

Default Since no one ask here's the story

Buddha is the online name for Kayaker who is bald thus the nickname. I left home last Friday morning at 6:00 am. Before I got out of town, I ran over a deer. I loaded the deer up to take to a friend. On the way out to his house somebody's chicken flew into my windshield. causing it to crack all the way across. After cutting parts off my fender that were rubbing the tire, I went on fishing. And to top it off, this happened in my new 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I have only made four payments on. :rolleyes:

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Kayak-fisher ....

just an average, normal day you were having there ??? .... LOL!!

Now, I just have to ask .... what's a "spike" ? I know some of the guys on the boards call a catfish, a "thug".... and there's lots of different names & nicknames for various fish, but this is a new one on me.
    Heck, when I was a little boy - my grandfather called Crappies by the nickname of "Newlites". It was some time before I realized that Crappies & Newlites were the same fish ...LOL!!

Glad you survived the Jeep vs critters ordeal .... hope your insurance will take care of the damages and get your truck back like new !! ....luck2ya ..cp

Post Thanks / Like

CP..I bet the "spike" was the deer

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, you got a freezer full of meat without half trying!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Kayak-fisher Guest

Default A spike is

is deer with only 2 points and this was the most meat I ever got in one fishing trip.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face I knew that ...

(wiping egg from face) .... LOL!!!

Sorry, I was pretty tired when I answered that post. I was fresh home from work, and a very busy & harrowing night, to boot. I must have been more tired than I realized ...LOL!! ...............cp