HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sos line

Post Thanks / Like

Default sos line

Having some difficulty finding 2lb test SOS line. Would like to get a bulk spool. Seems everyone is sold out, even Leland. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Did you call and ask them how long it would be out of stock? I need to order some too... had just gotten a little slow about it... great line... I have called and talked to them about several things... good place to deal with
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt you will find SOS bulk spool anywhere expect at the Trout Magnet website. It is a big seller and is really a good bargain. As VaCrappie said give them a call....they will tell you when it will be in.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. will do. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys like about this line more than others? I picked up a few spools when it first came out and really didn't see anything special.

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes Lene LIKED above post
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wish they had this in a Hi Vis, need all the help I can get. lol
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    What do you guys like about this line more than others? I picked up a few spools when it first came out and really didn't see anything special.

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    It's been out for a lot of years. I am not sure when you picked yours up. I like it because of the cast-ability......manageability...... and the stretch......it is a co-polymer line. The price is good. I only buy it in bulk. I am currently a few years into a 20,000 yard spool..... they no longer sell that spool. The biggest you can buy now is a 10,000 yard spool. I crappie fish but I am a multi- specie fisherman. I catch 100's of smallmouth a year that are at the 21 inch mark using 2# test SOS line. I catch many more from 16-20 inches. This line has never failed me. I have tried many lines.....both out of Europe and Japan. I always come back to SOS. There are a lot of lines that may be better in a single category but to me SOS is the best bang for the buck in all categories. There may be some better lines out of Japan but as much as I fish I could not afford to use them day in and day out. I change my line out every week. Were it not for SOS I could not afford to do that. This week I have fished for KY bass 5 days..... just got back from a trip today. This week I have boated over 300 spotted bass from 13-15 inches...... and they have been fat ones. This line just works for me. There are many good lines out there and what works for one does not work for someone else.... it works for me.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone interested I spoke with Leland. Currently Leland does not plan to have the bulk spools of 2lb test until November or December. The line is made in China which is part of the problem. There is how a slight possibility they will Air Freight some of line sooner, but; they have not made that decision as yet. If I find they obtain some of the bulk spools sooner, I will post the info (of course after I order mine) POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    It's been out for a lot of years. I am not sure when you picked yours up. I like it because of the cast-ability......manageability...... and the stretch......it is a co-polymer line. The price is good. I only buy it in bulk. I am currently a few years into a 20,000 yard spool..... they no longer sell that spool. The biggest you can buy now is a 10,000 yard spool. I crappie fish but I am a multi- specie fisherman. I catch 100's of smallmouth a year that are at the 21 inch mark using 2# test SOS line. I catch many more from 16-20 inches. This line has never failed me. I have tried many lines.....both out of Europe and Japan. I always come back to SOS. There are a lot of lines that may be better in a single category but to me SOS is the best bang for the buck in all categories. There may be some better lines out of Japan but as much as I fish I could not afford to use them day in and day out. I change my line out every week. Were it not for SOS I could not afford to do that. This week I have fished for KY bass 5 days..... just got back from a trip today. This week I have boated over 300 spotted bass from 13-15 inches...... and they have been fat ones. This line just works for me. There are many good lines out there and what works for one does not work for someone else.... it works for me.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Sounds like you had the trip of a dream!
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

That 2 lb line is fantastic stuff. Been using it for 10? years now. I used to trout fish a whole lot, and that's how I got started on it, but as I became more and more of a crappie fisherman it has made the transition with me. I'm about halfway through a bulk spool myself, I like to respool my jig casting rods every 5-6 trips and having that bulk spool makes life easy. That being said I've used the same line for 6-7 months at a time before and never had an issue, guess it's just a confidence thing. Sounds like it's a good thing I don't need any at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast