HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic birthday present

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electronic birthday present

Kids bought FF for me. Not What I was looking at but sure it will b fine.Name:  20170723_113513.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  54.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice Birthday present.... Now learn to use it. It will show you a lot but you will have to learn what you are seeing. I am learning more and more every trip I fish myself. Lots of luck with the new sonar unit. I will be looking forward to seeing your fishing reports and pictures. Happy Birthday.
    Last edited by scrat; 07-26-2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Happy Birthday.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes PDog LIKED above post
    Thanks hdhntr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks scrat, you know i'm not shy about reports. my son, who uses my toon more than I and 35 just now getting into fishing, did research and bought this but when I went to look to see what kind of deal he got and specifics of unit saw
    Lowrance HDS-7 Gen-3 83/200, same size screen is this next gen stuff? similarly priced can always take back present. thoughts or opinions by anyone? thanks, electronics is a new experience for me.

Likes PDog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

hdhntr; I am a Humminbird user myself so I don't know much about Lowrance units. If you post this on the electronics forum I am sure Lowrance users will surely give you some good information. I would like to say that if you fish shallow water lakes like me then Side Imaging will be hard to beat and the biggest screen unit that you can afford is always a plus.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is the unit that I chose when I was on my search. I have the totalscan transducer, which I can't tell from your box. I really like it, but as Scrat said, I've still got some learning to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    That is the unit that I chose when I was on my search. I have the totalscan transducer, which I can't tell from your box. I really like it, but as Scrat said, I've still got some learning to do.
    I only opened box up and looked at it then son took it home with him. has long transducer, different than ones I am used to but know it has totalscan. please share with me anything that you have learned. most of lakes I fish are fairly shallow and really wanted SI.

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great kids...a blessing! Happy Birthday
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    I only opened box up and looked at it then son took it home with him. has long transducer, different than ones I am used to but know it has totalscan. please share with me anything that you have learned. most of lakes I fish are fairly shallow and really wanted SI.
    First, it is fairly easy to operate. For me to get good readings on the left, I have to trim the motor...I guess because of that long transducer? I still don't have my ducer properly positioned to read at speed....above 10 mph I lose bottom. I like the customizable split screens, and I can easily see what's under and to the sides.....problem is, I can't necessarily interpret what it is with certainty, yet. Mine is mounted on the console (naturally, can't imagine trying to put that giant ducer on the TM!). I fish from the front, and don't troll, so during fishing time, my wife has the view of the unit. I like the fact that it connects to wifi for updates, and it has the capability to display the screen on an iPad or phone, although I rarely take advantage of it. I am not partial to one manufacturer, as I own both Humminbird and Lowrance units. My main lake is fairly deep, so Sidescan is more important to me in the shallower water. I can definitely see up under docks, but again, still learning what I'm looking at. I think you'll like it!

Post Thanks / Like

I put the Helix 10 transducer on my Ulterra trolling motor and it is fantastic. I also have a Garmin 74 SV on the console with the transducer on the transom. Works well no matter what speed. The SI on the Garmin is real accurate and stable but the SI on the trolling motor really helps finding structure and fish. Once I am over a brushpile on "spot lock" I use Sonar and down imaging to confirm critters still there.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Reading some other threads trying to figure where to put bigger transducer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast