Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another great day.

Had another great time at Nickajack this morning. In 3 hours I had 24 crappie....all between 11-12 inches and 30 KY bass all between 14-15 inches. To say it was a great time would be an understatement. I was using the Tict Ice Cube Mebaru 6' 9" UL rod casting a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/16 ounce ball head jig with a #8 hook. My Daiwa Certate reel was spooled up with SOS 2# test line. I would cast out and count it down to about 16 feet and start the twitch back to me. It was almost a fish every cast. Today the crappie were holding very tight to the cover I was fishing......if you did not have it within inches of the cover they would not come out and hit it. The KY bass on the other hand were not so picky...you just had to make sure it was down on the bottom before starting your retrieve. When a KY would hit you might think for about 2 seconds that you had a big crappie on...then they would realize they we're hooked and all mayhem would break loose. They would start peeling drag and head for the bottom. They were "Diggin"! My drag was screaming for the whole 3 hours. I need to spool up some new SOS 2# test on the reel...clean the Ice Cube up and get ready for Wednesday...or whenever the weather permits. Before leaving I wanted to check out the side of the river the shell cracker had been on to see if they were still there...they are....and I also did a little scanning with the Helix 10 si. I got a great shot of the lock discharge....notice the fish down in the grates. Also take a look at the image of all the fish that were sitting under the boat while I was casting to the cover....should have tried fishing right under the boat....LOL. I am really looking forward to fishing this place come fall........fully expect to get some bigger crappie. The fish are just on a big feed down there.....Life is good!

Regards

RegardsName:  IMG_0089.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  215.6 KBName:  IMG_0091.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  223.9 KBName:  IMG_0071.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  88.7 KBName:  IMG_0086.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  228.6 KBName:  IMG_0084.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  217.5 KBName:  IMG_0051.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  110.8 KBName:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  88.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That SI shot is amazing! Great report!

Post Thanks / Like

That SI shot is freaking cool. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good sounding trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Alphahawk you should pinch yourself for having such an enjoyable fishing hole.Count the good trips there you have had.Another real neat screenshot along with nice pictures.Hope it stays good for you forever.Keep on thumping them...Nickajack is a treasure
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice catch. Thanks for sharing the report and pictures.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report and pictures. Sounds like you have a great spot to fish.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Great day for sure, congrats