HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat choices :)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat choices :)

Here is my dilemma;

Sold my boat to buy a WT windshield V hull

Found two boats that I like.

One is a 2013 and is a 10 hour drive from me and probably used in salt water, has a 115 HP, 17 footer, with all the options I am looking for. Great looking boat.

The other is a 2010 and $5K cheaper, but only a 75 HP, and 16 footer, but is on 3 hours from me. Boat looks well used but taken care of.

The later is not what I am wanting but the saltwater scares me. LOL. I ask this question on other forums and have had great responses but it all boils down to both are used and anything is possible,

Advice...
    Thanks Cray thanked you for this post

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

​I would keep shopping.
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.
    Likes Crestliner08, Dollfly, Cane Pole, "G", slackline LIKED above post
    Thanks BigDawgg thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wait. I'm in a similar situation and am waiting for later in the season when the northern boys start putting their rigs up for sale instead of winterizing them one more time. I've passed on a couple that weren't 100% what I'm looking for and it's been VERY difficult to hold off.
    Thanks Cray thanked you for this post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked on Facebook under walleye boats for sale. If you find what you are looking for make the drive. Don't settle for anything less because you will never be happy and always wish you had made the drive. I did South Carolina to New Jersey to get my walleye boat and so glad I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch552 View Post
    Wait. I'm in a similar situation and am waiting for later in the season when the northern boys start putting their rigs up for sale instead of winterizing them one more time. I've passed on a couple that weren't 100% what I'm looking for and it's been VERY difficult to hold off.
    What u lookin for Dutch??

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Keep on keepin on!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The saltwater boat, depending on brand, maintenance, trailer etc might not be so bad. Boats do not just fall apart from being exposed to saltwater as some would have you believe. Maybe post up on the state forum where it is for sale asking for someone to take a peek at it locally before making a ride for yourself. If it has been bottom painted, it was likely kept in a slip and would pass, otherwise a hard look will reveal how well it was maintained. Leaf springs on trailer can tell you a lot about care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red190 View Post
    What u lookin for Dutch??

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Red, I'm looking at early 2000's Ranger 620's or a late 90's Ranger 690vs with a dual axle trailer and some specific options. I troll more than 90% of the year so it's time to buy a boat designed for trolling big water.

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, either wait till fall for some deals or make the drive.
    10 hrs sounds like alot, until you think about it. Especially if it's set up how you want.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

10 hours is "short" compared to "years" of fishing enjoyment in your dream boat...

Best of luck with your search.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are not 100% certain . Keep looking , you will know when you see it . jmo.