Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What I got my fish on yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default What I got my fish on yesterday

Here it is and I am a pink convert as I have not used it much over the years, but I became a fan now.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care with others think. There is always room in my tackle bag/box for pink jigs, lures, and plastics. :D Real fishermen, fish with pink.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Skip how's your son doing?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I fish bubblegum plastics alot...it's a hot color and they do catch fish!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here it is and I am a pink convert as I have not used it much over the years, but I became a fan now.

Hey Skip, I think I have seen a jig before that looks a lot like that.....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught more fish on pink or pine and white this year than I ever have.

Seth

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Why I'm a pink convert ....

Years ago, my current fishing partner, his brother, and myself were down at Barkley Lake. This would have been mid-late April, time for the Crappie to be around the Button Bushes (buck brush). Well, they weren't. And we were getting a little tired of soaking minnows along the outside edges of the deeper bushes, waiting for a stray to wander by. We'd heard that some big bull Bluegill had been caught around a pocket, close by, that had some floating debris blown into it ... and decided to give them a try, just for the action. I was a Roadrunner fan, at the time, and really hadn't gotten into jigs & tubes & such. So I tied on a 1/32oz "Pink" marabou Roadrunner, and started casting, as we started into the pocket. Thump - jerk - it was on !! But, instead of the expected Bluegill ... it was a nice Crappie. OK, fluke, I was thinking. Well, no it wasn't. The three of us limited out on Slab Crappie, two days in a row .... mostly all on "pink" !! We even confirmed that pink was THE color, when we found a pink tube jig hung on a limb, and one of the other guys tied it on ... and started catching Crappie with it. My other partner tried other colors of Roadrunners (white, chartreuse), but never got on them like the two of us throwing pink. Needless to say, we scoured the local bait shop, until we found some more pink Roadrunners !! :p And, the very next day, we repeated the same scenario. The Crappie were running from 1.5lb to 2+lb .... and was one of the few times I've ever limited out -- much less doing it two days in a row, and having my boat buddies follow suit !!
    So Skip .... throw that thang, and hold on ... you're very likely to have the same results !! I hope you do ! You tie some very good looking jigs, and I hope the Crappie think so, too ......... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks cp! I was pretty amazed when I pulled this out the other day and after all I took off one of my favorite colors that had been catching a lot of fish the day before. However I guy told me he heard people were really catching the crappie on a pink color so I tied some that night and the next day It was hard to take off my Mean Green to put on this pink, but I did. I was happy that I did after a very short time.

Yes DonG I bet this does look familiar, LOL!

I plan on tying up some small pink ones for trolling now too. If you can't beat them, Join them!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy using pink,I have hair jigs and tube jigs in pink color and sometimes they whole heartedly outfish my favorite colors.