Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scattered today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scattered today

Wayne and I went Tuesday and got our limit and I bet we didn't move 1/4 mile of creek banks, about 5 to 9 FOW. Just keep going back over the same spots over and over. Had some nice fish, didn't keep any under 11" until we had 6 or 7 to go for our limit. We went back today and it was a totally different day, very scattered, caught fish from 5 to 14 FOW and it was no need to go back over the same spots again, zilch. Keep 27 all over 11" proably threw back that many small keepers, have to be 10". A few males were starting to show their courting colors. No hot colors and it was a morning bite.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Bandits Steve?

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter
    Bandits Steve?
    Nope, I generally only pull Bandits when I'm alone, we were jig fishing. Don't know how that would have gone. I believe they are getting ready to move shallow with courting on their mind. I talked to a friend that had been jig fishing in 3/4 FOW and he had some good fish, not as many as we did but he was alone. Today was hard to pattern for me, we pulled into 2 stumps almost touching each other in 14 feet of water and caught 3 12" to 14" crappie as soon as we got right over them and could not get another keeper for 100 yds both way after that so we came home.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff