Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: East fork + regatta today

Post Thanks / Like

Cool East fork + regatta today

Put in at bantam ramp thanks to regatta practice going on this am. They think they own the whole lake. Crappie fished from 8:30-10:30 before all the rain hit. Caught 25 crappie with 5 keepers. Mostly on jigs. Lake was about 1' above summer pool and the prettiest green glow to it...you know what I mean. Had a blast while it lasted. The rowers were all the down by the bantam ramp, with jet skis buzzing around them before the idle zone.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Went Friday got on lake late, 10-3:30. Caught 30 only 4 keepers. Water dingy, still some green algae and 80 degrees, fished near river end of lake. Got to get better!!
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I don't see many reports out of EF lately. If you don't mine me asking, what is a keeper to you? Do you keep anything over 9"? Or is your keeper more like mine - 10" and up since I'm too lazy to clean a bunch of 9s

30 is a good number to make for a decent day. But 4 keepers out of 30 is a pretty low ratio but then again it's the heat of summer. I seem to catch a lot of smaller ones this time of year, particular in the coves.

mbk

Post Thanks / Like

My keepers are 10" or bigger. I won't clean them unless I have 7 or more. Keepers are hard to come by in July and August. Most of my fish have been on main lake in channel bends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bassky View Post
    My keepers are 10" or bigger. I won't clean them unless I have 7 or more. Keepers are hard to come by in July and August. Most of my fish have been on main lake in channel bends.

Thanks. Good to know people are catching some decent size fish there. I haven't been to EF for over a year. It used to be my go-to lake but after the kill the two times I went it seems the size average (which was never great to begin with) went down considerably.

I am going to give it a try before end of September. I always did well trolling double-minnow rigs out in the main lake this time of year.

mbk