Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat carbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat carbs

Thought I messed up bad. I have been having a problem with my v4 dying when put in neutral so I decided to rebuild the carbs. I bought the kits and after watching some YouTube videos I tore into them after rebuilding and putting it all back together I found my motor would not start at all lol. I took a day off and then went back at it I found that the primer ball never got hard, and then I saw gas leaking out of air box so I figured it was a stick float pulled the top carb and saw that the float was upside down. Put it all back together and all is good and it even runs in neutral now I love YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Lol yup
    Likes dannyr3_8 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You tube is the way to go if you can find a video on what your working on
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes dannyr3_8 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dannyr3_8 View Post
    Thought I messed up bad. I have been having a problem with my v4 dying when put in neutral so I decided to rebuild the carbs. I bought the kits and after watching some YouTube videos I tore into them after rebuilding and putting it all back together I found my motor would not start at all lol. I took a day off and then went back at it I found that the primer ball never got hard, and then I saw gas leaking out of air box so I figured it was a stick float pulled the top carb and saw that the float was upside down. Put it all back together and all is good and it even runs in neutral now I love YouTube
    We joke all the time that minor surgery should be done off YouTube videos to save money.
    Likes dannyr3_8, flintcreek, ozarks ranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Run sea foam in your tank thought I was to spend $900 to have them rebuilt second trip out motor will idle /troll its a 1994 115 merc.your milage may vary
    Likes dannyr3_8, moecarama LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I rebuilt both carbs for $60 $30 per kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid that I would have springs, ball bearings and all the other parts scattered over my 40 acres to try that

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised at how easy it was. The hardest part was getting to the carbs there was a lot of parts in the way. The only difficult part of actually rebuilding them was 2 metal disc that were pressed into the carb but I used a self tapping screw to make a hole and a punch to pry them out then I used the other end of the Punch and tapped the new ones in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes ozarks ranger LIKED above post