Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting Depth finder??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting Depth finder??

Anyone ever had to remove their windshield to mount a bigger depth finder, just bought a Helix 9 DI and there is no way its going to fit with the windshield on? The boat is a Crestliner 1400 SC Angler and it has a pretty small console. Don't really think other then looks it will hurt anything as when seated I'm above windshield anyway.. Iv just mounted a Lowrance HDS7 Gen2 touch up front so cant put it up there, have a Xi5 going to hook to also.

Post Thanks / Like

can you mount it on the gunnel on a swing arm ram mount near the drivers seat?
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I looked for a swing arm mount that would support the Helix 9 but didn't find much that would support that much weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbowling View Post
    I looked for a swing arm mount that would support the Helix 9 but didn't find much that would support that much weight.
    Corn Feild Crappie Gear has exactly what you need. He is on here goes by Cajun Freyer on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a helix 10 mounted on the gunnel with a big ball ram mount and had no issues. Sold the helix 10 and now have a helix 12 mounted to the same ball mount in same location. Doesn't seem to have a support issue with the 12 mounted on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Big ram mount will work. They hold tight. 2" ball.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks will give it a look.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a HDS 8 on a Ram ball mount that is mounted on the gunnel/carpeted panel in between the dash and throttle on my Alumacraft Classic 165 SC. Also have a HDS 8 mounted to the top of the dash on a smaller Ram mount and it fits in between the steering wheel & windscreen. Neither one moves unless I move it.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a pic or part# for the mount.. too many to choose from and cant find the swing arm model with 2 in or 2.25 in ball..
    it has to swing out or wont be enough room to mount on rail.

Post Thanks / Like

any chance you could post a pic of the HDS8 mount between steering wheel/windscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    I have a HDS 8 on a Ram ball mount that is mounted on the gunnel/carpeted panel in between the dash and throttle on my Alumacraft Classic 165 SC. Also have a HDS 8 mounted to the top of the dash on a smaller Ram mount and it fits in between the steering wheel & windscreen. Neither one moves unless I move it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast