PDA

View Full Version : We have a word for it here in Texas ......

Ketchn
07-07-2017, 07:35 AM
KABOOM is The word ................we blew up the SS minnow yesterday on something out in the middle of the lake in open water , for sure killed the boat it did , ripped the passenger side hull right off it all the way back to the transom and up some towards the motor . :yikes
never saw what it was under the surface and those that know the lake know that middle of lake worth off the runway is about as open water as it gets on that lake . sure did a number on her and almost ruined our day for sure . the one thing to remember is a boston whaler wont sink and I said hey we just killed her for sure , but what the heck lets not let a dead boat kill our day.we had not even got a jig wet yet ........we had just got to the lake .....
so we limped around at just over an idle because she wont get up out of the water anymore and ketched a bunch of crappie anyway .....:Rofl
I showed the other half the damage and she just smiled and said you boys are sure gunna be in good shape soon ? I said oh I get it sweety ....she said yep you 2 can just use your john boat and paddles until further notice :banghead
so keep me in mind on a boat with a motor ...cause I am gunna get tired of paddling pretty quickly I am thinking :biggrin
the fish were VERY tight lipped and really soft biting , but a bunch got jigs in them and all is well
so don't worry , just be happy ......:cheers2

ckhenshaw4
07-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Wow, glad you are ok. Looks like a big ouch!!!!

ckhenshaw4
07-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Glad you are ok, looks like a big ouch!!!

Hillbilly4949
07-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Wow

ET Fish
07-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Wow! Thankfully no bodily harm, but wow!

Cane Pole
07-07-2017, 09:30 AM
3 hour tour and what, no Island? Glad all ended well. Nice fish too. Good luck with the boat hunt.

Yak Fish
07-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Wow! A lesser boat and you'd a been dog paddling. Glad you're o.k..

Jim

Blackhawk19
07-07-2017, 05:03 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

chucktx
07-07-2017, 06:57 PM
wow...doesnt look good. glad yall ok!!!!

Brimfisher
07-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Ouch, but nice lookin Specks.

scrat
07-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Good to hear you all were Ok even though the boat looks like a total loss. No excuse now so. Now is a good time to go and buy that new boat. Time is ticking and you're not getting any younger so. I will be looking forward to seeing the next Ketchn SS Minnow.:popcorn

Snagged again
07-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your boat but glad you salvaged the trip.Nice fish.
There is another "SS Minnow" out there with your name on it. You will find it .

skiptomylu
07-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Amazing you were able to still go ketch some fish! Glad y'all didn't get hurt and seems to me lucky at that too!

Skip

Redge
07-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Glad no one got hurt and all are safe.

broharrell
07-08-2017, 12:48 PM
What a hit! Nice fish though!

jackie53
07-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Shot of flex seal be good as new.lol.nice ketch.never stop!

RetiredRR
07-08-2017, 01:35 PM
A band aid won't fix that one. That would have ended my trip for sure.

DockShootinJack
07-08-2017, 03:40 PM
That peeled away a lot of glass.

slackline
07-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Ouch! Happy y'all are ok. I showed this to my wife and said " A lesser man would have called it a day". She replied " A sane man would have called it a day."
She just don't understand, bless her heart:Rofl

Good luck on the boat search.

skeetbum
07-08-2017, 07:40 PM
That was a heck of a shot, and glad to hear of the outcome being no worse than it was. Could have been a nightmare in a lesser boat. Just for a minute, think about contacting BW and tell them your story and send them pics of the boat and the end result. They may want that boat for advertising and R&D. You know, figure out what happened within the hull and see how they can improve on an already good product. I think it would be worth a phone call and a little time. You never know how they might do something in return. Good luck in search of the replacement.

Ketchn
07-09-2017, 07:24 AM
The funny thing is I never did feel what we hit .....my bud said his side went up and he could feel something under the boat .....at 30 mph it happened pretty fast and I pulled back on the reins fast ....I run one hand on throttle one hand on the steering wheel and she will slow down fast .......
Some say it might have been a gator ? I do know about a mile away we saw something in the open water just barely visible and it was a semi floating cedar 2 x 12 about 8 of 10 feet long just easing along in open water about an inch above the surface !
both of us are pretty decent boaters and have lots of experience on the water and neither of us saw a thing out there where we hit whatever it was , the lake was about flat water that day with almost no chop at 4 mph wind....never say never yawl and always be prepped .....glad she is a tough pup , like my bud said any other rig and we would a likely had to swim back to shore instead of continue to fish for 3 hours .....

jtresn01
07-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Wife took me to look at a boat last week in Kentucky. Mabe it is still there. Large enough for even your fish. Lol she called it The Ark

lowe175
07-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Sorry about the ss minnow . At least no one got hurt