Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small boats.

Just out of my own curiosity; How many of you use small boats for fishing? For instance like a pelican boat or basshound or something along those lines.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Not familiar with those, what size are they? I fish out of a 16 foot jonboat.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Like 8 to 10 feet.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago I had what later became Bantam. Mine was a one person 'boat(?)' was about 5 foo t long. Had an aluminum frame that mounted to two styrefoam block. Trolling motor mounted in front and battery behind the seat. Feet hung down into the water. Was not the most stable of craft..but I caught a lot of fish with that tiny boat on some fairly good sized lakes and on some ponds.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished one time in one of those boats called, "Sneak" and they are only about 7ft. at the most, but I didn't like it all that much because you can't stand up and it always felt like you might flip over......
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I now fish out of a 16" jon boat but I still have a small 12' jon boat. To be truthful, it is dangerous to fish out of as it will tip over real easy. It through me in a couple of times. My 16' Ouchita jon is great. I may use the 12' in some ponds ocasionally. I can still use it with a trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 18 1/2 foot tracker with a 90 horse motor and use it 99% of the time but I also have a 9 foot fiberglass sportfisher that I use on small farm ponds or strip pits that I can't get the tracker into because of no boat ramp or mud ramp. It is fun to fish from because it's as quiet as a canoe and with a 32 pound thrust trolling motor on the front I can put it almost anywhere. It drafts 4 inches of water with me and the wife in it. I am crowded for space in it but not so bad that i'm uncomfortable. All things considered I have a lot of fun in it when it's used on the right waters. I paid $375.00 for it brand new so it wasn't much of a financial investment. I would buy another if anything ever happens to this one...don't use it much because of the tracker but enjoy it when I do.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a 15' canoe, w/ 2 horse power. Unless someone with 3 arms is paddling it and then you have 3 horse power. I do it all in this canoe. Rivers, reservoirs, streams, saltwater inshore(bays, tidal creeks and marshes, and pulling behind me as I wade fish down on the gulf). And I catch fish. There are times when I could catch more, or a greater variety if I had a larger boat. Yet there are times when I catch more because I'm in the canoe. I have it because its all I can afford right now and it gets me off the bank. But from the experience I have decided I will always have a canoe, regardless of what other boat I have.

Post Thanks / Like

MY first boat was a 12 foot aluminum Sears. I put a trolling motor on the back and an Eagle "Fish Easy" and a swivel bucket seat on the back bench caught more fish then i ever thought possible.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I've got a 7 1/2 foot fiberglass ,2 man Basshunter I never leave home without.Even if I'm towing my Tracker, it's in the truck also.

Brane ded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast