Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 7/6/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 7/6/17

Hey Guys....Walt & I were at it again today. Launched around 7:50 am with the first fish in the boat by 7:57 am. Not a bad start! Air temp was 63 degrees to start out with a consistent water temp around 75 degrees. When we pulled off at 2 pm, the air had risen to the mid-80's with a southerly wind of around 10 - 15 mph.

Although it was a very light breeze to start with, the wind kicked in before 9 am today, affording us a very nice drift pattern. Here's what the "chop" looked like around noon:

Name:  Scene.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  74.2 KB

Just about ideal conditions for our fishing presentations. We ended up the day with 47 fish. 35 crappie, 11 bluegill and one dandy of a rainbow trout which, you will see, Walt nailed. We marked fish just about everywhere. They were one or two here & there only and about 12' - 15' down over the 23' bottom. Bait balls were strung out as well. No heavy concentrations on either fish or bait.

It is our observation, that it pretty much didn't matter what you had on your line. As long as they saw it.....they ate it.....deep & hard! Just not as many around as in season's past. Walt eluded to that in a previous post response. If I were pressed, I'd say that the color black/chartreuse and blue/chartreuse were top contenders for first place. However, an "electric chicken" SK Joker netted me 8 nice fish, both crappie & bluegills. Sliders were hand down the most prolific plastic style.

Here are some of the shots of our fish from today:

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  135.9 KB

Name:  Rich_Crappie_1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  123.3 KB

Name:  Walt_2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  119.8 KB

Name:  Rich_BG.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  108.3 KB

Name:  Walt_RB.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  123.9 KB

We called it quits about 2 pm as it was getting pretty warm and we were just about pooped-out. A Fine day on the water by any standard.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

i would be content to just sit in the boat and enjoy the scenery. beautiful place to fish yall have there.
    Likes steve64116 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murdok View Post
    i would be content to just sit in the boat and enjoy the scenery. beautiful place to fish yall have there.
    Trust me, if we didn't catch a thing we'd be grateful to the Lord for just being there. Thanks for looking.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes "G", steve64116 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go along with what murdoc said. That's some pretty pictures. I bet the trout felt really good on the line. Thanks for sharing.
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD