HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Bucket has broken the links to all hosted images currently in forums ...

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Photo Bucket has broken the links to all hosted images currently in forums ...

I know this is the main fishing forum but I thought it necessary to put this here to get the most exposure ...

Photobucket (free image hosting site) has has decided to break all the links to pictures held on their servers until users now pay a $399 per year fee ...

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/pho...-embedded-web/

This basically means every picture I've ever posted here (and in many other forums) no longer will display in the forums ... i.e. - our "Big Sonar Quiz" sticky thread, Fisherman's sunrise/sunset thread, etc ... are now trash ...

This will be a long and difficult task of getting my pictures away from Photobucket and into another venue that works with the software here at CDC and other forums ...

It is very doubtful there will be a way to fix the previous images already posted in the past ... My images alone in the electronics forums is 1000+...

New links to another image hosting site would have to be created and offered to mods (or Slab) to insert into previously posted threads ... That would be simply unreasonable to ask any mod to undertake - especially with the 1000's of images I (and others) have already posted in the past ...

I'm not sure of the path forward for images I (and others) have already posted ...

This thread is open for discussion for options for users wanting to post images without using Photobucket and their new policy ...

While it is very frustrating ... and this thread could easily morph into a Photobucket bashing thread - that it NOT my intention for this thread - but hopefully to find our best option(s) for users posting images without using Photobucket ...

I haven't even decided what image hosting site I want to use going forward ...

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 07-04-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Thanks Buckwheat thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rickie I have no idea about your images but for me and this forum, I ditched photobucket a long time ago and just use my phone with Tapatalk. Screen captures from electronics I e-mail to myself and save to my phone long enough to post on here. May not be practical for you but to me Tapatalk is the easiest way to go on forums like this that use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Photo Bucket has broken the links to all hosted images currently in forums ...

That's really bad business, fortunately I have always let CDC host my photos.
    As pab1981 stated above, with tapatalk or on my computer it uploads to CDC.
    At least I think that's the way it works.
    Hopefully someone more computer literate will chime in "Slab"?
    Last edited by Redge; 07-04-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

RMGeorge is online now Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If the ransom were paid once would there then be a way for you to remove the images from photobucket and place them somewhere else?
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I never use a host....i got burnt on photobuck several years ago

I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I just post pics from photo gallery on my phone and computer

I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes wannabe fisherman, kycreek, hdhntr LIKED above post

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMGeorge View Post
    If the ransom were paid once would there then be a way for you to remove the images from photobucket and place them somewhere else?
    Photobucket still allows downloading photos to one's PC (which I'm in the process of doing - takes some time to download 1000's of pictures) ...

Photobucket no longer allows "hot-linking" (without buying the new $399/year fee) the images stored on the Photobucket servers to another website or forum ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I've always recommended to upload photos direct to crappie.com for exactly this reason. Tapatalk could do the same thing, so upload to my server is still my recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes Redge, micorps, beagle man LIKED above post
    Thanks prefers shiners, shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the "free" account (2GB space), but am only using 11% of that space. I can still post pics from my account.

When is this "link breakage" supposed to take effect ?? Or is this just for those that have exceeded the free space limit of 2GB ??

There are more options besides the $399/year unlimited. I believe the cheapest option is something like $60/yr for 52GB space.

Post Thanks / Like

Gave up photo bucket 6-7 years ago at least, use tiny pic or put them on my computer to save/post from..

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast