Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 7/2/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 7/2/17

Once again Walt & I hit the reservoir for some crappie action. Talking to a few of the locals that fish these waters and they concur with us - everyone is doing poorly compared to where we were the last two seasons. No excuses - although we did have one heck of a cold front come through last night!

Anyway, we launched about 6:45 am with the air & water equally warm at 70 degrees. When we pulled off at 1:45 pm the air temp had risen to 88 degrees, heading toward 90. That was enough for us. Our count today was 43, most of which were crappie this time instead of bluegill. I lost 3 largemouth bass when they all decided to jump at boatside (as usual). Those were not in the count.

We marked a bunch of bait & fish throughout the impoundment's basin. So we fully expected a better bite today. It was better - 43 - but not by much! Guess we're just going to have to work harder! Here's what the screen looked like at times:

Name:  21_Feet.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  67.8 KB

Not a great shot, but you get the drift, just look beyond the reflection. Walt certainly had the "hot" rod today! Not sure how many out of the 43 were his, but much more than what I did for sure. And the CB Sliders were tops today as well. I did get some on the Roadrunner and straight tails, but nothing in comparison to the Sliders.

Here are some pictures of our fish, starting with a shot of Walt's decent sized rainbow trout. I sincerely believed that I snapped the pic before it went spastic and started jumping all over the boat! But I failed. Oh well.

Name:  Walt_2.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  130.6 KB

And some our more successful photos:

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  Rich_2.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  119.3 KB

Name:  Walt_3.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  140.7 KB

Name:  Rich_3.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  106.6 KB

I also took a shot of the lake just prior to calling it a day:

Name:  Scene Today.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  72.4 KB

All in all a delightful day to be out on the water. I know our numbers aren't what some of you are accustomed to seeing (from past seasons), but we're working on it!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job guys
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I like that picture of the lake, real pretty spot you guys have there
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.