Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must be a polluter!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I must be a polluter!!!

I use baby oil on my plastics. I squirt my equipment with a shot of WD40 and I use Reel Magic. I don't wash my hands when I am fishing. I don't wash my hands after I pee out the boat when I am fishing. I really don't thing the fish know I took a pee, or if I washed my hands and I don't think they really give a damn about either. If the fish are hungry, they gonna eat. Fish don't give a damn about sanitation. I ain't ever seen a fish with a napkin or a porta potty. I think there are a hell of a lot more bank side polluters than there are boater polluters. I clean up our shoreline every year. I do my share of protecting the enviroment.

Big polluters. Oil Companys, coal companies, etc. You ought to see the mess these people leave in the water when they clean their coal bins (residue flushed into the river after cleaning). Our government allows this stuff.

Conservationist should be chipping away at the big iceburgs instead of "ice picking" at us small cubes.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

You are just a bad man Cane Pole.

Next thing you know someone will be threatening you with their "Mossberg."

Oh wait.........that's already happened.
    'Carpe Diem' does not mean "fish of the day."

Post Thanks / Like

who done rustled your feathers now or should I say whose feathers have you rustled now??? I don't know and I don't care I am on your side CP
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Pole

I'm right there with cane pole. Even though I have'nt tried the baby oil thing. I pisz off the boat at least 3-4 times, on a all day trip. Heck I have even been known to chit off the side off the boat if an emergency arises and I don't have time to make to the potty house :p I guarantee the bank fishermen at my lake leave more trash than any boater that I know. I care deeply about my environment and I feel like I do my part also but, it's a lot easier to nit pick on the little fish instead of the big fish who actually run the show.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look out below!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    I'm right there with cane pole. Even though I have'nt tried the baby oil thing. I pisz off the boat at least 3-4 times, on a all day trip. Heck I have even been known to chit off the side off the boat if an emergency arises and I don't have time to make to the potty house :p I guarantee the bank fishermen at my lake leave more trash than any boater that I know. I care deeply about my environment and I feel like I do my part also but, it's a lot easier to nit pick on the little fish instead of the big fish who actually run the show.
    Talk about emergencies arising, just wait till your in a treestand sometime and an emergency arises from twenty feet up in the air!!! Whew.... I think thats all Im going to say about that!!!..LOL ......treepotato

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guys ......

we ALL have done some things that have contributed to the pollution of our waters ... directly or indirectly. I'm as guilty as anyone else. It was not my intention to "pick" on any one person, or groups. I have no wish to polarize the membership, or point fingers at any segment of them. I merely wanted to point out that we "can" help negate the pollution problem ... each in our own small way ... by not passing on negative habits.
    "Every Litter Bit" does hurt ... and I, like many of you, bring out more trash than I take in. And I try to offset any "bad" things I may do, with "environment friendly" actions. I'm not "perfect" ... and don't claim to be. I just want to see anglers band together, as a whole, to help keep the waters and fish as clean and healthy as possible. And I don't want to give PETA and the other "anti" groups any more "ammunition" to use against us, than I can possibly avoid. ...............cp

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think most folks have answered the call of nature while out in a boat, it happens. But, I think we all should strive to protect our envioronment as much as possible.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

aint that what a live well is far when the wife goes with you .
    :D
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papasage
    aint that what a live well is far when the wife goes with you .
    :D

papasage........that qualifies as one of those things it is ok to think, but did you have to say it?
    'Carpe Diem' does not mean "fish of the day."

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Pappy! we all do some things that are less than good for the environment. In my job I work with several water quality groups. In these groups there are people who would have all waters returned to pristine conditions. Yet the conditions were not pristine before man came along. Some of those people have not a clue that some of their actions are bad for the environment. If we all make a small effort to take home a little extra trash etc. we can make a difference.
    Last edited by paddlebug235; 01-22-2005 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast