HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just an idea

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just an idea

Hey guys. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th. I'll be at work protecting us from wildfires in the state of Alabama.

I just wanted to see if maybe this would be a cool idea, or if you guys know a site that already does this. It may help us non-experts out a bit. So I ran across this website for Oklahoma that people post where brush piles are located. I've tried fishidy and navionics web app, but no go.

Now, maybe we could get a few states to chime in and make this a good posting idea! I live in Alabama and I was told to go to Alabama Power's website, but they told me on the phone that that list hasn't been updated in a few years, and me and my buddy went hunting their GPS locations to brush ... guess what we found ... no brush.

So what do ya say?!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-03-2017 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Competing site links are against site rules.
    Thanks shipahoy41, twj2167 thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky has a similar website : Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Lakes with Fish Attractors

Each lake that the KDFWR has placed fish attractors in is listed, and each different type of attractor is defined by picture and explanation of what was used (pallet stack, brush, stake bed, etc). GPS coordinates are shown when you click on the attractor pics on the map. GPS coordinates are shown in three different versions (DDM, DMS, GPS).

Unfortunately, brush piles and Christmas tree piles are only good for a few years before they get moved (current, flooding) or deteriorate.
    Thanks Jiggah thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can't seem to find this info or alike on Alabama's Game and Fish website. And I used to work for them too. AL Power came out a few years back and removed some of the brush piles by the piers I fish at. The locals say there are 4 still there, but I've never been able to find them.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a bonehead, but make your own. Want to keep em a little longer, use hardwood and put em out at night. Lots of info here on getting it done. I've done some with mixed success when I lived in TN. My take on GOOD brushpiles, time on the water and a handy GPS. That did more for my fishing success than anything. Some piles will work great this week and bomb next. Some are season specific, while others seem to never go cold. Once these good ones have been found, try to find other places either nearby that have some of the same characteristics and throw some brush there. This is the beginning of a learning curve between you and some tree scraps. Have fun.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Slabprowler, "G", Snagged again, John Doe LIKED above post
    Thanks MidMsAngler thanked you for this post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Build your own an build a few xtra so you can share with the ones that locate em .
    Likes "G", chaunc, captcall LIKED above post
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jiggah, those power company tops are there. The coordinates are just off by a little. They have some of the 2016 spots listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deltabound View Post
    Jiggah, those power company tops are there. The coordinates are just off by a little. They have some of the 2016 spots listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, we can't even get an accurate shoreline from navionics, half the time it shows your on land in Louisiana

Post Thanks / Like

I called AP. They told me they pulled them out during a clean up project. That list is old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabprowler View Post
    Build your own an build a few xtra so you can share with the ones that locate em .
    As I was getting ready to do this ... I found out ...

"Individuals deploying structure in public lakes and reservoirs can actually be fined for doing that." “For those folks interested in doing that, I would recommend they contact the local homeowners and boat owners associations or whoever manages the reservoir, like Alabama Power, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or TVA.”

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep...have to have permission plus build structure to their specs. Also placement per their rules.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast