HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2D versus DI .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2D versus DI .....

no comparison in my opinion ....I never have understood why anyone would bother to strain the eyes and stare at DI ? turn on the fish alarm and activate the beeper and turn on the fishee symbols in all 3 sizes and go to ketchn fish and NOT trying to decide what is down there is my thing ....let the lil computer do the work and get after them fisheez .....I know lots of serious fisherman will disagree with this opinion and I am not trying to get anyone upset , but for those of us that like it simple , just run the beginners mode .....takes the guess work out right quickly it does .....
    I almost never look at the DI except to decide why in many cases it shows nada when there is a pile of fish on a pile of something .......I am sure I could probably tune it in and adjust contrast and etc etc etc ....but I wanna ketch fish ....my time is limited on this here planet AND on the water you know and there are lots a crappie to be ketched ......
    anyway the main point of this post is to let the folks that dont have the time or high end electronics know that it can be pretty easy to use a graph in the 2D mode .....
    so for anyone who struggles with the electronics they have , set it in 2D and go ketch ya some fish ....
    a shout out to Fle Fly as well , without the Go Go in pearl my day would have been tough , my buds in the boat beside me struggled to get bit while I put a smack a doodle on the crappie lips with a 1/16 ballhead and a small go go minnow ....lift and slow fall and wait for the line to go limp ...set hook clean fish ......
    all depths of water from about 12 out to about 35 held fish on timber in good numbers ...but they were VERY finicky...
    kept a few because the freezer is on empty and could have easily kept a limit if I wanted .....
    most of the takers bit at 16 to 18 foot deep no matter the water depth BTW ....
    hit it by myself in my boat and met a few buds on the water as well , 3 hours from 3 pm to 6 pm after the storms passed Saturday morning in dfw ....
    hope you enjoy the tread and photos ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I like 2D better also, Ketchn. My wife fishes in the back and she likes 2D on the Helix 7 screen because she understands what she's seeing.
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like bluegills on the screen.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Redge, ET Fish, kycreek LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

This 2D discussion really got me thinking. At first I didn't agree, but the more I think about it.....gonna give it a try next time out. After all, I can't argue with the amount of fish you catch!

Post Thanks / Like

But don't tell my wife that I don't need the latest and greatest with all the bells and whistles!
    Likes Cane Pole, strmwalker, kayacker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome fish! I'll have to disagree though. I haven't looked at 2d in so long it would look foreign. I have my contrast turned up a lot, but still low enough I can tell the difference between the fish and brush. That is why I like it. With 2d that is much harder and fish id is not something I trust when it's looking through a bunch of limbs with 40 year old technology. Not sure on the birds, but on my garmins about 85 percent contrast is about perfect. Very bright and easy to see.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Valid point, glad you brought it up!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Di is the best thing that came along for crappie fishing brush, once you learn how to use it, it will tell you which piles hold fish and which ones dont, 2D will not show you that. If you fish for white perch, it will show you the perch stuck on the bottom,.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to try that contrast setting on my garmin. I bought my sonar all excited about DI and side imaging, but now use 2D 95% of the time. Do love side imaging to see bluegill spawning though. I get that i can see a nice tree on DI, but when i see the fish arches on 2D my confidence goes up

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
    Likes glenn96 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast