Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 6/28/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 6/28/17

We launched around 7:50 am this morning. Air was a brisk 53 degrees with light breezes out of the north. We started fishing around 8 am with the first crappie in the boat on the first cast. Always a good sign! The water temp was 74 degrees today. Breezes were light to start, but increased throughout the morning with gusts to 15 mph and from erratic directions. Difficult to find fish today, but we did find bait. Here is what the bait looked like on the bottom:

Name:  22_Feet.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  61.2 KB

We also marked fish scattered about the 12' to 17' depths, suspending over the main basin. Still a situation where we'd pick up one here....two there.....with an occasional double over the morning. We ended up with 39 fish when we pulled it at 2 pm. Most, believe it or not, were bluegill this trip! 19 in all with only 18 being crappie. This is drifting over the 23' basin area. We did not hit the shallows as our targets are usually suspended over the main basin areas.

Here are a couple of pictures of our CPR for today:

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  132.7 KB

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  100.2 KB

Name:  Walt_2.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  149.4 KB

No giants, but quality fish. The bluegill were especially healthy and large for this area. BTW, it was pretty COLD today! With the air barely getting up to 70 degrees at noon and the irregular winds hitting us from all directions, it got downright uncomfortable at times. Happy with brought the jackets for sure!

The CB Sliders proved to be most productive today, with Roadrunners coming in second and straight tails last. I got some good fish on the Slabalicious RR today in chartruese. All takes were deep, so it wasn't our presentations that prevented a higher count today. Location was/is the main key, as it most always is.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Beats 90 degrees with 90% humidity though, doesn't it?

Thanks for posting!
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6poundtest View Post
    Beats 90 degrees with 90% humidity though, doesn't it?
    It surely does! But the next few days are suppose to be hazy, hot & humid with showers and thunderstorms. Don't think we'll be doing much on the big pond for a few days at least. We'll see. Right now I've hedges to trim! UGH!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are awsum!....good report
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    You guys are awsum!....good report
    Thanks! We do try hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck, he's keeping the New England forum all on his own....

Glad somebody's doing it 'cause I haven't even wet a line yet this year. I hope to change that this week.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.