PDA

View Full Version : The after 5 crew .....

Ketchn
06-28-2017, 08:53 AM
went out Monday to see if they might be able to find some lips to attach to our jigs . :Rofl
All went well except for my back seat buddy who kept whacking the big ones while I managed only the ok ones :banghead
I tried putting him on rough fish and it didn't slow him down much . We found them still a bit finicky in most cases and got lots of light bites .
ketched us a bunch and let them all swim on ....
it was splendid afternoon a bit over cast and not terribly warm .
hit some open water a bit because the wind was low and a few brush piles and some docks as well . the brush pile fish wouldn't cooperate for unknown reasons but they sure looked good on the graph
hope you enjoy the photos and read ...
stay tuned but don't stay thirsty :cheers2

Slab
06-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Great post and pics, thanks for sharing.

ET Fish
06-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Nicely done! You may need to use your "back seat buddy" as an anchor next time he gets all the good uns!

skiptomylu
06-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Nice pictures! Love the added screen shots!

Skip

scrat
06-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Wow! Nice catch.

Dave and Lynn
06-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Good pics and nice catch.

dhaire
06-28-2017, 04:23 PM
The chart pics really help although my Helix 10 does not paint them as little fishes like yours (smile).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Alphahawk
06-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Nice fish.

Regards

Crestliner08
06-28-2017, 05:41 PM
WOW! That's about all I can say about your great fishing success. Incredible.

skeetbum
06-28-2017, 06:06 PM
Your buddy was puttin some smoke on you!! Good fish and pics, thanks for the read.

Shad
06-28-2017, 06:26 PM
I wish I could catch them like that. I maybe catch three or four if I can get past the piranhas. Those little minnow stealing yellow striped bass are on every stake bed and brush pile in the lake. Must be a couple million of them in the area I fish. They are a worse threat than the Asian carp because there are so many of them and they are cause the crappie to have to hide and starve. LOL

ad1974
06-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Very nice!

kayacker
06-28-2017, 08:13 PM
What an awesome day for you and your buddy. Great pictures. I was on Sam Rayburn last year catching Crappie in the front of the boat. My buddy was using the same jigs, same depth, not catching a thing, while I was killing them. I got to feeling bad about it so we swapped places. After a few minutes I started catching them again, but my buddy... NADA. I even put him with me, but nothing. I don't know if it was his breath or body odor, or what, but he couldn't catch a fish for nothing. He was terrible at golf too. :Rofl :Rofl

ozarks ranger
06-28-2017, 08:28 PM
dhaire, go to your chart, click on view turn on fish id. should make red fish :twocents

Ketchn
07-02-2017, 07:02 AM
I wish I could catch them like that. I maybe catch three or four if I can get past the piranhas. Those little minnow stealing yellow striped bass are on every stake bed and brush pile in the lake. Must be a couple million of them in the area I fish. They are a worse threat than the Asian carp because there are so many of them and they are cause the crappie to have to hide and starve. LOL

we have a herd of them rascals here as well ....I just do my best to avoid them if possible ......there was day when I couldn't keep them off my hook though ....LOL