HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slip bobber advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slip bobber advice

Ive been using a slip bobber to find crappie lately and Im having trouble with the stop staying in the same place. Ive used the string stopper and the rubber stopper. Of the 2 the rubber stopper seems to move the most. Is there a trick you all use to keep the stopper from moving? Is there another material I can use?

Post Thanks / Like

I typically use the string bobber stop. I pull mine tight as I can and when I cut the end I leave a half inch so if I need to re tighten it I can. And I have also found that before I cut the tail ends off I'll tie a double granny knot in it and that usually works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Crestliner08, ozarks ranger, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ill try that, thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using them a lot here lately as well. I tried the tiny plastic stops that u run line in and out of but I don't like using those. I got smart and bought the big bag of bobber stops that has around 100 in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Someone ask what kind of Dacron line to buy for making the bobber stops and here is a reply he got that I thought was interesting..."Pick up a Dacron bow string. Remove the serving, and you have a lifetime supply of slipknot material."

Years ago there was one of these places that sold the how to knot thing and I got that and a spool of Dacron line. You can use coffee straws or some other kind to make them ready to use.

Also just Google Bobber stops and you probably will get more info than needed, lol!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

My . I have used the bobber stops that you buy. Have a few dozen of them in my tackle bag. I really don't like them that much. They get tangle in the reel spool to easy. Long ago I switched to just using mono that was 2lb bigger then the line i have on the reel. 6lb line 8lb bobber stop. Tie 3 over hand knots pulling as tight as you can without breaking the knot line. They hold up a pretty good while. Of course moving them up and down will wear them out after a couple of good days fishing but all it takes is another foot of cheap 8lb line and I am back in business. Cut tag ends close to prevent the knot from hanging in the reel. They work great. I do use the store bought knots which are normally bright green as depth markers for tight lining. They work good for that.

Post Thanks / Like

i use rubber bands. just tie em on, cut the ends. cheap as can be and work perfect.
    Retired golf addict
    Thanks hdhntr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The rubber bobber stoppers come for different size line. Check BPS, they have 2to4#' 4to8'#, etc. makes a dif! Make sure to wet your line (spit) before moving bobber stopper. Rubber will burn through on mono!
    Likes prefers shiners LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Dacron that Dewdrop uses. Do as he suggests and you will not have any problems. I use it on my 9' crappie pole with 2# test Fireline with no issues. I also use it on 6# test Fireline for suspending Senkos under the same bobber for smallmouth bass. Been using them for decades with no problems. I'd just recommend that you use two pliers to pull the knot tight on each end. Then trim as he said and you'll be golden.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

There are very few companies that make a slip bobber rod I have seen. I bought two Mr. Walleye Slip n Rig rods for slip bobber fishing an have not had that issues. It was frustrating finally getting your depth set and ne fish later having to reset.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast