Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trollling Motor and fish finder Opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Trollling Motor and fish finder Opinions

Hey guys need some opinions on Trolling Motor what MAKE, what size (power) shaft length for my 14ft sea nymph VHull. I plan on having 2 12v batteries one designated up front just for trolling motor. and the other for pump,gas engine and lights. Also What kind of batteries? I will be doing a little pushing and pulling and then single polling. I usuall spend about 6 to 8 hrs on the water.
    Also should I run an AB swith to connect both batteries? I have the boat pulled for rebuild so any ideas would help.

Also and inexpensive fish finder? What do you think

Thanks for your help
    Dan
    The CRAPPIESLAYER

Post Thanks / Like

Big as you can afford, you can never have too much. But I'd say a 55 would suffice for a 14'. I'd recommend two batteries in parallel if you plan to troll though.

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes skeetbum, fishervet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For the price, it is hard to beat a HB Helic 7, I use Dura Last batteries & MK Terrova 80#

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trypman1 View Post
    For the price, it is hard to beat a HB Helic 7, I use Dura Last batteries & MK Terrova 80#
    If say get a hbird or a garmin. I have the lowerance hds and its been a experience to get it setup to tell what I'm seeing on the screen. You can get a helix 5 sonar and GPS for $299.00

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The electronics need to be big enough to see. Having the options you want in too small a package will be frustrating and cause an upgrade, which is more money spent. For the TM I would need to know how much open water and windy conditions you fish. A too small TM on a past boat of mine sent me home several times that the fish were still working, and I made sure I had enough on this one. Shaft length is another that surprised me when I got the one I have now. It has a 60" shaft and for a bass boat that seemed a bit long. What it allows me to do is walk to the back of the boat when alone and the bow rises a lot, and the TM doesn't get airborne. Think it through and wait to be sure before you pull the trigger and I think you'll do just fine.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The CRAPPIESLAYER

Post Thanks / Like

The classified adds in the forum section here a cc.com has some good prices on used electronics. You might check that out.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Lynn View Post
    The classified adds in the forum section here a cc.com has some good prices on used electronics. You might check that out.
    Also our sponsors beat all the big box stores for prices and if you call them they can give you some excellent advice.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a deal on pretty good depth finder, West Marine has the Lowrance Hook 9 with the map card on sell for I think $499 right now. I just got one for my pontoon. It is only DI, but that was all I wanted. I liked my helix better, but much more expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Call Brian at bbgmarine. U won't be sorry
    Keep on keepin on!!!
    Likes short grub LIKED above post