Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request Thoughts?

Name:  Screenshot_1.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  42.5 KB

This is my spot. With it being Summer and all, I was wanting to go Friday morning, but you guys think it'll be a bad idea? I mean, we've had all this rain and stuff. I usually set my bobber at 4 ft and I know in the Spring they kill it! But now that Summer is here they've moved out deeper? I usually go right before day light.

Post Thanks / Like

Only one way to find out, right? Go for it!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes "G", Jiggah LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Yeah, you right, Sir! I'm going to try it out. My buddy I usually go with to Guntersville bridge night fishing with has family coming into town for the 4th, so I can't go to our spot. I was thinking of just getting a dozen minnows and going at 5:00 AM till maybe like 10ish. With all the rain we've had, the water may be up! I'll go IF it doesn't rain Thursday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Done pretty good on some submerged bridges on the big G
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dock! Well, I can't cast out THAT far haha ... I may can hit the 8 mark! If I add more weight. I usually do very good early early. I try to get out there when it's still dark. The park doesn't open until day light. You can see them hitting the top of the water. I try not to run to the spot as it's an aluminum peir haha. But I get excited and I can't throw my bobber in fast enough! It shows thunderstorms on the weather channel, but I don't know. I can go all day on these weather apps ... ugh! We went the other night right ... all weather apps showed 15% rain. After we got there then it said 35% rain. We went out under the bridge and it got DARK .... FAST! Next thing you know, we saw a flash of lightning but never heard thunder. Only one flash of lightning. But man it rained constantly. I was so dagum nervous. I told my buddy lets go! He said, you scared? It ain't even thundering. It was so scary. I couldn't even enjoy myself. So I don't think I'll be going when rain is in the future anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I rose a storm out under bridges across from Goose pond in a 14 foot boat waves rolled through about 3 feet. I began to get a little concerned. Ha
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

I like the spot to the right of your spot that drops to 14 ft.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Lynn View Post
    I like the spot to the right of your spot that drops to 14 ft.
    That was my first thought, as well. But, if he can't cast to the bridge, I doubt he could reach the 14ft deep hole in the old channel. Maybe he could try some weighted floats ... rigged as slip floats
    But, if he's gonna be there at o'dark thirty ... the fish may be shallower and within reach

Post Thanks / Like

lol...scary stuff dock.

yeah, I can't cast that far. The deepest part I can reach is that 8 ft mark. I would be at the pier at 5am.

Post Thanks / Like

Most people throw right by the pier at 4ft and do pretty good. It's raining now though so guess I'll wait...all this rain sucks man.