HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are those BPS Crappie Max poles worth having?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are those BPS Crappie Max poles worth having?

I received a pair of 8' Crappie Maxx Pro poles from the Bass Pro Shop as gifts and wondered what other's experiences were like with them? I have read where other brands are more favored here, but since they didn't cast me anything, I plan to give them a proper testing. I have a pair of Mr. Crappie Solo reels to go on them. Thanks for replies & opinions.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

They're not bad rods. I've really liked some of them. My biggest complaint is the last two 11 ft I've had both broke at the tip and neither was abused. Broke simply catching crappie and they don't offer replacement tips. Have to throw away a $60 rod when several other brands I could have bought a $20 tip and been back fishing again. For that reason alone I won't buy another

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of 11 footers that have served me well. I used em to push mostly and hung em up a couple of times and waited for the sound of it breaking but it never came. So far, so good for me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I've got several of them, the red colored ones for pulling cranks and the bright green for long lining. Work just fine for my purposes. You'll see lots of comments about people breaking the tips off on all different brands and they are looking for the tips, etc. BPS will replace the broken ones w/o question 99% of the time. If you don't want them, take 'em back and exchange 'em.

I bought a Trout Magnet rod, twice as a matter of fact, and the tip broke both times. No more TM rods for me.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

They work great for me, 2/ 14' & 1-8'

Post Thanks / Like

They're not worth a darn. Box them up and ship'em to me. Need my address???

No seriously, I've owned 3-4 of the 9&10ft crappie max rods and the have performed just as good as my B'n'Ms. I still have most of them. I think one broke but only due to my error. In fact my favorite combos I have are a couple of 8ft B'n'M BGJP'S paired with the old gold/black crappie Maxx reel.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    I've got several of them, the red colored ones for pulling cranks and the bright green for long lining. Work just fine for my purposes. You'll see lots of comments about people breaking the tips off on all different brands and they are looking for the tips, etc. BPS will replace the broken ones w/o question 99% of the time. If you don't want them, take 'em back and exchange 'em.

I bought a Trout Magnet rod, twice as a matter of fact, and the tip broke both times. No more TM rods for me.
    Just curious which Trout Magnet rod you bought and how did it break?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Just curious which Trout Magnet rod you bought and how did it break?

Regards

Model SLS 150 6'6" Light action Sore Lip Series, 1st Edition
    IIRC, both broke about 1/3 down from the tip, don't really remember the "how", other than no abuse, just fishing with 'em in a normal manner.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Model SLS 150 6'6" Light action Sore Lip Series, 1st Edition
    IIRC, both broke about 1/3 down from the tip, don't really remember the "how", other than no abuse, just fishing with 'em in a normal manner.
    I would call Trout Magnet and talk to them. If they broke under normal use.....and are not several years old I am pretty sure they will replace them.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    I would call Trout Magnet and talk to them. If they broke under normal use.....and are not several years old I am pretty sure they will replace them.

Regards

I'm about 99.9% sure Jeff would replace them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast