Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deck boat????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deck boat????

Anyone out there crappie fishing out of a deck boat? Spider rigging or pulling cranks is what I'm curious about. How do they handle on the water? What are the advantages/disadvantages? How shallow can you navigate? I have a Stratos 201 at the present time which I have no issues with. However my dad is 71 and uses some type of assisted walking device 95% of the time. So I was wondering if a deck boat setup would be more comfortable/stable for him, and me too not having to worry so much about him. Let me know what you have and your thoughts. Thx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

i assume a deck boat and pontoon being the same? I see folks on pontoons have cookouts and small gatherings......could be why they are nicknamed party barges.If a deck boat and pontoon are the same,I would think it would fit all your needs.As far a how shallow they can function,it depends on the boat size I figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Deck boat and pontoon are not same....deck boats have actual hulls.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

They catch some wind, but not as bad as a 'toon. Pretty good option for what you are considering.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking of going the same route. I am 71 and disabled. I currently fish out of a champion walleye boat. It can be extremely hard to get in and out of on the trailer. I was looking for one of the older hurricane deck boats that the seats are removable and strip the boat and build it back the way I want it. That would make a good platform for most any kind of fishing. The floor would be level from front to back and easier for us old timers to get around in.