HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass Pro wholesale

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Pro wholesale

Received notice today that American Rod and Gun (wholesale division of Bass Pro Shops) will be shutting down 8/1/17. Normally I sell their Crappie Maxx items cheaper than they do. After 8/1/17, they will have no competition on their products and you can probably expect their prices to rise even higher.

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Please explain again. If they are shutting down, 1) why will they have no competition after 1Aug 2017, 2) why will "their" prices be higher? Obviously I am missing something, but I have never heard of a business that worries about competition after they close the doors, nor one that charges more for their product after they are closed. Please explain.
    Respectfully submitted.
    Likes Cray LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I believe what he stated is that they are shutting down their wholesale side of the business. The side that sells to dealers acting as a distributor. When that occurs then their private label products will only be available at their own retail Bass Pro stores, at which point they can raise prices on the private label products.
    Likes skeetbum, USMA65 LIKED above post
    Thanks Cray thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I get it now. Two days ago I went to a BPS nearby, and vowed it would be my last. After checking online about whether two products were available at that location, I travelled there and found they we're not. The staff did not know what Bobby Garland Crappie Ticklers were. Plus, as the OP opines, their prices on many items were way out of line.....or my memory of the good ol'days!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't get their Maribou Crappie jigs in Maine. They are legal to have and use but BPS will not ship to a few states in the northeast. They have by far the best price. The painted lead jigs are legal here.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been impressed with BPS pricing and now that they own Cabelas and Gander Mountain going out of business look out!! Academy Sports has Walmart level pricing and employees that actually want to provide customer service with great attitudes.
    If we did what was most important in life there would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles
    Likes CrappieFlopper, Jimr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

As of 3 June 2017, that deal is still NOT done yet

http://www.news-leader.com/story/new...any/348690001/

Post Thanks / Like

Fatman, first and foremost thank you for your service! Concerning the BPS/Cabelas issue I stand corrected. I thought it was a done deal when the earlier reports stated that an agreement had been reached. Thanks again.
    If we did what was most important in life there would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles