Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing with Jerry Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Jerry Blake

Just returned last night from three days fishing with Jerry Blake on Lake Hamilton and Greeson. The first day was really cold. Jerry's boat was having motor problems so he got to run the trolling motor on my Ranger. The battery charger on my boat we found out later one bank was dead. So we only had 12 volts instead of 24 volts. Caught some small fish but learned a different technique from what I have done when fishing for crappie.

PigInThePigPen (Pat) and I enjoyed the day as well as being away from our home lake. Since the resort we were staying at only had facilities to charge battery down at the dock and we were going o fish Greeson the next day Jerry took the Ranger to his place to charge the battery(s) up. This is when discovered that only one bank was charging.

Thursday Jerry had a client from Arizona that he was taking out. Met up with Jerry at his house and picked up my boat. Followed Jerry to Lake Greeson where the wind was blowing and difficult to control my boat with only 12 volt. Jerry's client (Tom) suggested we park my boat and get in with them. Caught about 12 real nice keeper crappie.

We wound up fishing with Tom & Jerry (no pun intended) again Thursday morning. We had to leave a little before noontime as we had almost 9 hour drive ahead of us.

I'll be sending 'Ed' an article the first of the week with more detail, but for now it was a real learning experience for both Pat & myself. Plus we met an extremely interesting person - Tom.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see you guys having fun. It was very good of Tom to ask you guys to fish with him. Tom&Jerry. LOL I can picture that right now.

I noticed in the one picture how calm the water was on the lake. Haven't seem water that glassy in a long time. Now that is the way the water should look when crappie fishing with no big motor

I hope that Jerry gets his boat's motor fixed.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ranger.........even with the trouble you had with your battery charger, looks like you had a good trip anyway. You caught some nice crappie and learned some different techniques, and as you commented, made some new friends. Jerry seems like a good guide, I'm going to have to have him reserve me a slot when I can get away from the house. Good luck on your next trip....

Post Thanks / Like

Default labill

One thing I have to say about Jerry Blake. He really went above and beyond what a guide does on a normal trip. He really wants his clients to be happy and works hard to put you on the fish. If your ever in the hot springs area and want a guide who is serious about crappie fishing. Jerry Blake is the Man
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah but can he tell good jokes????
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

labill
    you jut need to set a date and go!!!!!!!
    Ranger375
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Barry and Pat:

I'm glad you guys had a good time is spite of our boat troubles and the bite being off.

Thanks for your kind words. We'll kill'em next time (I hope).
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody is a witness to Jerry's statement "we'll kill'em next time". O dang just read the fine print....LOL
    Ranger375
    [email protected]