Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good UL to cast light jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a good UL to cast light jigs

Hey guys- I am looking for a good UL to cast light jigs for crappie and bluegills. I have a Pflueger President 6920 to mount and plan to spool 4 or 6 pound line. I would prefer a one-piece rod, but a 2 piece would be okay in a pinch. My budget is less than $100.

Recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

St. Croix Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

Fenwick Eagle series rods. 69.00. Great rods. I have several and they are fantastic.
    Likes squirrel dog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thx guys, and I have a few St. Croix Triumph rods in the boat already. We use the 6' ML for 1/8 oz and heavier jigs and for slip-bobbers. I am looking for a rod that can sling the light jigs 1/16 oz and lighter that has enough backbone for large crappies/gills and the occasional bass. Any suggestions on rod length, and is it safe to assume it has to be a UL?

I've never owned a Fenwick, but have heard good things about them. What length do you use when casting light jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a few browning air stream in 6'6" ul that do very well casting down to 1/32. Bass pro has them on sale in my area too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

if you wanted to spend just a little more the st croix panfish or eyecon are great rods around 110.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRIA1576 View Post
    Thx guys, and I have a few St. Croix Triumph rods in the boat already. We use the 6' ML for 1/8 oz and heavier jigs and for slip-bobbers. I am looking for a rod that can sling the light jigs 1/16 oz and lighter that has enough backbone for large crappies/gills and the occasional bass. Any suggestions on rod length, and is it safe to assume it has to be a UL?

I've never owned a Fenwick, but have heard good things about them. What length do you use when casting light jigs?
    There are hundreds of rods that will work for you but, if you already have some Triumphs and like them, why not just get a lighter Triumph?
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a lot of dirty water and find using 1-2lb diameter braid (8-10lb test) increases casting distance while not worrying about breaking off as much. That, by itself, helps as much as what brand UL I use.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a BnM Crappie Wizard 7.5' with 1# Nanofil to cast 1/64th oz jigs.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

B n' M 7' Sam Heaton Super Sensitive. Around $50.00 and you will do no better in my opinion. I have 3 #6920's set up on B n' M rods. No problems, no worries.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast