Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Usa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Usa

Curious as to how many members participate in Crappie USA Tournaments? I'm thinking about trying some out next year as an Amateur , just wondering if anyone has any interest or input. Would like to hear from the members, thanks.
    Likes blueball, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fish them and really enjoy them. I don't do much traveling to fish a tournament but try to fish the ones on my home lake which is Ky lake.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly4949 View Post
    Curious as to how many members participate in Crappie USA Tournaments? I'm thinking about trying some out next year as an Amateur , just wondering if anyone has any interest or input. Would like to hear from the members, thanks.
    I don't, but there are several KY members that do ... and CUSA has tourneys at Barkley/KY Lake, Cave Run Lake, Green River Lake, and Lake Cumberland. And the tentative schedule for 2018 has an early April "local event", then the Classic in early Oct, on Lake Cumberland. The other lakes mentioned will be Super Events & occur between 4/13/18 & 5/4/18. (according to : Crappie USA :: Tentative 2018 Tournament Trail )

Post Thanks / Like

Several members in my HOI Crappie Club fish Crappie USA tournaments and a couple of them won the amateur division one year. One day I will too. HOI Crappie Club is now a feeder club to Crappie USA, you win one of our points tournaments and you get an automatic invite to the Classic.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hanr3, I'm fishing my first one Saturday at Lake Shelbyville, trying to get qualified , its the last before the classic in October, never fished the Lake, any tips?
    2002 Triton TR186 , Mercury 175
    Spyderlok Rod Holders, Cornfield Crappie Gear,Denali Rods, Ardent Reels
    Humminbird Helix Megas DI,SI,SONAR GPS, Humminbird 360
    Minnkota Ultrex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly4949 View Post
    Hanr3, I'm fishing my first one Saturday at Lake Shelbyville, trying to get qualified , its the last before the classic in October, never fished the Lake, any tips?
    Good luck!
    Tips- last weekend the winners where spider rigging Rosie red minnows in deeper water.
    I don't know Shelbyville well enough to point you into any place over another. Hopefully you have been pre-fishing this week.
    If it were me fishing, I would start off on fish cribs in deeper water near the creek channel, near points, and near flats where the wind has been pushing bait. I would also try fishing around deeper weed beds. Mind you, I am a slip bobber fisherman 90% of the time.

We are in summer conditions so the fish will relate to cover. However that could be as far as 50' away from the cover. They will be in a group, but not bunched up like they do when they stack up on trees. The group could be spread out over a 50' circle around the cover. This is one of the reasons spider rigging and pulling cranks are so effective. You push/pull the bait through the fish school in a spread out pattern. Circle around and repeat until they move.

Good luck! Post up how you did and what you tried and what worked. I love to read fishing reports and see pictures.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes kfi LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Will do, didn't have anytime to Pre-fish, didn't know I was going until last week. I planned on spider rigging, thanks for the Rosie Red tip, I don't use them in Kentucky, fingers crossed. Rain is moving through today, going to try and mark some way points today with structure, instead of going in completely blind.
    2002 Triton TR186 , Mercury 175
    Spyderlok Rod Holders, Cornfield Crappie Gear,Denali Rods, Ardent Reels
    Humminbird Helix Megas DI,SI,SONAR GPS, Humminbird 360
    Minnkota Ultrex