Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having to break down and buy go-pro Need input.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Having to break down and buy go-pro Need input.

Since they don't sell torpedos or gatlin guns to fishing guides, I'm breaking down and buying a video camera to mount on my boat to record idiots trying to run over me and clients. Saturday's incident with a cigarette boat at 30 feet that almost flipped my boat broke the camels' back.

I need a camera that is waterproof, has long battery life or will plug directly into a USB charger on my boat. I'm not paying a big price and would like to find a reasonable priced unit for only this cause.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I bet Slab can tell you which one's to get. I have seen some underwater scuba diving video he and his wife did and posted a while back while they on where vacation.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you would need something that is 360 degrees and would need multiple go pros, then the other issue is being able to continuously record unless you can hit the record button when need, you could run go pros continuously with any continuous USB power source but would be difficult inside the waterproof case. Harmon came out with the new 360 camera but are expensive and have only seen what has been shown on Lucas oil pro motocross

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

(Jessica says) - there is great advantage in a Go Pro model with touch screen, ... meaning it is much more convenient checking pix without having to wait until you get home ...

She has Hero 4 Silver ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only downfall of the quality best go pro cameras is the fact that go pro nickel dimes heck out to you on all the accessories you can or have to have to get a complete setup. I spent more on all the addons than the cost of the go pro more than doubling the price. Check out go pros website on cameras and addons before you buy.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe check out the tecacam spelling might be off

Post Thanks / Like

Check out motorcycle cameras.
    Waterproof and most come with 2 cameras to record front and rear of bike.
    Price ranges from around 75.00 and up
    heres a video I found of one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHM9L7aozJY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    (Jessica says) - there is great advantage in a Go Pro model with touch screen, ... meaning it is much more convenient checking pix without having to wait until you get home ...

She has Hero 4 Silver ...

Rickie
    Believe that's the one I have as well and I like it. No complaints at all. You can download the go pro app and connect it to your phone through Bluetooth and see the images immediately, which would help in showing it to proper authorities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    The only downfall of the quality best go pro cameras is the fact that go pro nickel dimes heck out to you on all the accessories you can or have to have to get a complete setup. I spent more on all the addons than the cost of the go pro more than doubling the price. Check out go pros website on cameras and addons before you buy.
    You can get "knockoff" accessories that are just as good for a fraction of the price on Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultra pro x makes awesome cameras. Get the xpert it comes with several mounts. Their accessories are also cheap and they have a waterproof case that allows for hook up to a charger or portable power bank. Can have all day recording available that way and not worry about it getting wet.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast