HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brush pile dispute

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brush pile dispute

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Woodworker42 LIKED above post
    Thanks Billbob thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

1. People who carry need to realize what responsibility it involves. You don't pull a gun on someone unless you have intent to use it. An unarmed man yelling at him over a fishing spot, is not a good reason. These people give others bad raps.

2. If fishing is so serious to you that you scream at others, maybe its time for a different hobby?
    Likes feeshrman, "G", Redge, crp4570, micorps, kycreek, Billbob LIKED above post
    Thanks BigDawgg thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

When you sink it in public waters, it becomes public property........
    Likes micorps LIKED above post
    Thanks BigDawgg thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In reading the comments: Don called the authorities and it took over an hour for them to arrive. During this time Bullara repeatedly circled the boat coming within a foot and the weapon was never pointed at Bullara..

Post Thanks / Like

He could have easily left, quite honestly. I know its not what our ego's want, or what we think is right via the internet. But you don't pull a gun without full intent to use it. Your fishing trip being ruined or cut short by a rude person (As bad as that sounds!) is not worth the risk of taking a life. Your first option is to leave the situation.

Had he left, and the guy chased him, then things change in my opinion.
    Likes BigDawgg, Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

With my wife in the boat, I would leave the spot. Don't know, if buy myself. I don't like trouble but I do like pay back.
    Likes J.M., micorps, Dollfly, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it could and it's not just on that side of the lake. Had a guy over on Housen take a shot near a boat he thought was fishing his brush pile, later he found out it was actually another brush pile the guy was fishing and not his after all. Just goes to show some people take a spot to be theirs and then wants to keep anyone else from fishing that spot. Guys have to learn when they put a brush pile in the lake it is no longer their brush pile and now is a community thing and the Lake has it for anyone that finds it and wants to fish it!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Likes chaunc, pineplace LIKED above post
    Thanks Cray, Ttexastom thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

One of those times when you need the go pro going. Best thing to do is leave, and that is a really tough pill to swallow. I would have snapped plenty of pics of his boat and registration number though and reported him. Karma also has a way of coming around
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I travel to different lakes. When i find a brushpile and no one is on it, i mark it in my gps. When i come back to fish it, i don't care who put it in. If it's open, i'm fishing it. I've had guys come by and ask me how i'm doing and tell me they put that brush there. I tell them they can have it back, when i'm done. No problem. I carry but i won't pull it out for any reason unless someone puts their hands on me and i have no other choice. I'm too old to take a butt whoopin for a fishin hole or for any reason at all.

Post Thanks / Like

When you have a concealed carry permit, my opinion is you need to go out of your way to AVOID a confrontation. The fact that you are armed needs to be taken seriously, and it is hard on the ego to just go away. However, that is exactly what you need to do, IMO. I don't pretend to know all there is to this story, but you can't reason with stupid. And you can't brandish a gun over a fishing spot.
    Thanks Cray thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast