I don't think so....but Walt wouldn't let me get any closer to his favorite creepy-crawly! It was only a small garter snake, but it certainly does a number on Walt's persona!

Name:  Snake.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  75.9 KB

I have no such phobia (but I hate spiders!). Anyway, after the poor showing in our last report we had to attempt to make amends. Didn't quite work out that way however. We launched around 8:15 am this morning. Our strategy was to target the covers and shallow weeds, then work out way out toward the deeper water and drift. Air temp was 77 degrees to start off with and the water was around 72 degrees.

We did hit some nice ones in the coves. However, not enough action and/or quality to keep us interested for long. We started drifting over the 20'+ depths. Marking only one fish....another one there. Few if any large bait balls as well. Something really bad has taken place on this large impoundment. Maybe the "fish kill" last fall? In any case we ended up with only 25 fish by the time we pulled off at 1:40 pm. At that point the air temp was already up to 97 degrees! Brutal! (And I forgot my friggin sunglasses!)

Here are a few of the crappie taken:

Name:  Rich+1.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  124.1 KB

Name:  Walt.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  136.9 KB

Name:  Rich_2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  104.3 KB

We'd pick up one here.....one there.....no decent schools of crappie and/or bait to be found! We may have to look for some new waters soon if this keeps up. Still a heck of a lot better than sitting in front of the "boob tube" and certainly more entertaining, with us swapping sea stories and talking politics! Great day to be above ground.