Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a nice jig pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a nice jig pole

Guys I was looking to get a 12 to 14 foot jig pole what something that is light in weight that you can hold all day.i have a bad hand and was looking for something with light tip and sensitive.thanks for any input you can give me.was going to order from grizzly jig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly Jig is certainly the place to get the best bang for your buck. There are a lot of folks here with vastly more experience with the long rods than what I can offer. But I will tell you this, the B n' M Sam Heaton Super Sensitive is one heck of a rod. I have both the 7' and 9' models. Very light and sensitive and cost effective as well. JMO.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes short grub, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There are certainly alot of good poles out there but for the last 2 years I've been using Ozark rods. My go to is an 8ft ultralight which I have hauled in an 8 lb hybrid/wiper on and caught plenty of crappie on days the bite was super light. I've got a 10 ft jigging pole that is incredibly sensitive and light as a feather. They've got an 11 ft rear seat that is great for folks with wrist problems or lack of forearm strength.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I like the bgjp, Sam heaton action is alittle light gor my liking.The bgjp is alittle stiffer than the sam heaton,with the sam heaton you have to set the hook real hard to get a good hookset.Also if your not site jigging and jigging structure 6fow or deeper I would probally stay with a 10-11ft rod and get the lightest reel you can find.I use a cheap wally marshall spinning reel think it weighs around 5ozs.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't hold one to long because of my shoulder but I won a DuckCommander double touch in 10 ft that I really like. It's almost as light as my SamHeaton and coupled with one of those little B&M plastic reels I can hold it most of the day. It is very sensitive and I have hauled in some 2 lb fish with it. Thinking about getting a 12 ft one.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Sam Heaton super sensative 12 ft rear seat and i love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Likes trypman1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the BnM ultralite,very light and sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim8861 View Post
    Guys I was looking to get a 12 to 14 foot jig pole what something that is light in weight that you can hold all day.i have a bad hand and was looking for something with light tip and sensitive.thanks for any input you can give me.was going to order from grizzly jig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grizzly Jig carries the Grizzly Elite in a 12' model. I have 5 of them. It's the best jig pole I've ever owned.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grayu View Post
    I use a Sam Heaton super sensative 12 ft rear seat and i love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    +1 . I will add that if you intend to flip them in the boat with no net do not buy this rod . I have two and love them , all I use jigging . The b/m custom is also a good rod .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkcrappie View Post
    Grizzly Jig carries the Grizzly Elite in a 12' model. I have 5 of them. It's the best jig pole I've ever owned.
    I've never fished with the grizzly elite, but a couple friends that jig have them and really like themLooking for a nice jig pole

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Likes arkcrappie LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast